Network Operations Engineer
The Network Operations Engineer will support the GSM-O program, which provides Sustainment, Maintenance, Problem and Change
Management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP, Transport and Unified
Capabilities (UC) networks in Scott AFB, IL and Hill AFB, UT. This position will have a heavy focus on Unified Capabilities Video Services provided to DoD
• Provide technical support for the design, implementation, and integration of network changes and sustainment
• Assist in the planning and performing of analytical research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design,
engineering and customer specifications
• Perform various complex software development tasks.
• Evaluate and recommend new technologies to enhance current customer capabilities.
• Ensure efficient delivery of contract capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes.
• Mitigate risks, control costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated projects.
• Perform a variety of analytical tasks which include the hardware and software design and implementation utilizing various facility
• Works independently to achieve day-to-day tasks with minimal support.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 4 – 8 years of overall related experience. Additional experience, education and
training may be considered in lieu of degree
• Currently possess an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
• Currently possess DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security
• Experience analyzing VLAN, routing, IP addressing and sub-netting. Experience troubleshooting and configuring IP networks.
• Some experience with H.323/SIP IP VTC based platforms and protocols required to support VTC technology
• Technical Certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, CISSP, ITIL, etc..
• Experience with VTC Gatekeeper configuration and troubleshooting
• Experience with DISA Unified Capabilities (UC) and Global Video Services (GVS)
• Advanced knowledge of Cisco, Vidyo and Polycom VTC equipment and infrastructures.
• Thorough understanding of H.323 IP VTC Vidyo-based platforms and protocols required to support VTC technology.
• Experience with packet sniffer software such as Wireshark or Net Scout to analyze network traffic
GSMOPay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.