M365 System Administrator
Leidos Civilian Health Solutions Group in Windsor Mill, MD in support of the End User Centric IT Support (ECIS) Contract for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is looking to improve and advance the organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our customer CMS where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We foster a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
The successful candidate will work within an ITIL environment with a large focus on DevOps. The candidate will be a member of the ECIS M365 Services Team providing Tier 3 support for M365 Hybrid Microsoft Exchange environment and Microsoft Skype for Business. The system is based on Microsoft technology, including on-premises Exchange 2019 and M365, and support for roughly 15,000 mailboxes. Independently develops solutions, approaches, or makes recommendations to resolve wide range of complex or difficult problems for both internal/external customers including vendors. These processes and production requirements often require a flexible work schedule. The candidate will participate in scrum sprint activities as needed for Email related service solutions. Candidate must be able to speak clearly and communicate effectively (both written and verbally) with a customer's Technical staff as well as Senior Management. Additional responsibilities will include troubleshooting and working with other technical functional groups i.e., Service Desk, Datacomm, EUA, Security and Engineering Team for all supported technical issues.
Under the direction of the Development and Engineering Lead, Product Manager, Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
- Perform day-to-day M365 Service administration tasks leveraging a combination of Microsoft Admin Portals, M365 Powershell and MSGraph manage end user mailboxes, shared mailboxes, distribution list and Room mailboxes, applications, mobile devices and other M365 Services.
- Create and maintain documentation related to M365 administration processes, user documentation, KBAs and T0 self-help support documentation.
- Assist with issue escalation and resolution for client access issues for M365 Services.
- Routinely evaluate related M365 Service level processes and work for continued process improvement and automation.
- Participate as required with DevOps oriented Agile Scum sprints for M365 related projects and enhancements.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s Degree in relevant field with 2+ years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience with administering Microsoft Exchange Server 2016, 2019 & M365 Exchange Online mailboxes, Distribution Groups and Shared Mailboxes.
- Experience with administering Active Directory environment.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Azure
- Experience in PowerShell and MSGraph scripting for Exchange online, M365, Azure Active Directory and Active Directory.
- Solid understanding of standard client/server, networking, TCP/IP, and internet fundamentals, and scripting (PowerShell).
- Active Directory Group/User object manipulation
- Solid understanding of infrastructure services: DNS, DHCP, Authentication
- Solid technical writing and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of customer organization (technical resources, management)
- Ability to work independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables.
- Develops technical solutions that requires collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Previous experience working in an agile scrum environment.
- Experience with change control principals and ticket with Service Now (SNOW).
- Previous experience employing DevOps methodologies.
- Experience with modern MDM platforms.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.