Electric Utilities Project Scheduler
Leidos Engineering has an opportunity for an Electric Utilities Project Scheduler who will work alongside project managers, construction managers and lead engineers for various clients supported by the Power Delivery Services (PDS) division. The position will be client facing and responsible for creating, maintaining, and driving resource and cost loaded schedules.
The Electric Utilities Project Scheduler will be part of an established Project Management Office (PMO) within the PDS Division that provides consulting services to both public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities. These consulting services provide clients with overall project management tasks in the areas of comprehensive engineering design of electrical transmission and distribution, substation, and transmission line projects nationwide.
The Electric Utilities Project Scheduler would have remote working options, but candidate would need to be in or near Orlando FL, Charlotte NC, or Cincinnati OH.
Developing, maintaining and driving engineering and construction schedules for various sized transmission & distribution projects for a major electric utility
- Work with Project Management using earned value management techniques to ensure that schedule and costs are aligned, including the development of recovery plans, to stay within approved limits
- Provide analysis of schedule data to identify key project issues
- Verify progress and reviews performance trends
- Investigate causes of variances between planned and earned/actual progress and document discoveries
- Identify, analyze and document project schedule variances and conclude on possible impacts
- Support on the development of plans and schedules for front end work
- Actively participate in the development of project Work Breakdown Structure
- Develop and produce schedule weekly/monthly project control reports for client and internal management review: which includes resource loading analysis and schedules, critical path items and risk analysis
- Interfacing directly with the client and internal management to report progress, schedule and risks across a portfolio of electrical distribution projects
- Assist the project manager with the creation and maintenance of comprehensive project dashboard reports and KPI tracking
- Bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines: Engineering, Business or Finance required with Two (2) or less years of relevant Project Management experience, may consider more experience in lieu of degree.
- Familiarity with electric power industry and knowledge of business issues associated with power delivery services
- Must have the capability for planning, organizing, directing, and tracking technical efforts on assigned tasks
- Experience with MS Project, Primavera P6, and MS Office suite
- Should be capable of tracking cost and schedule status of assigned tasks
- Ability to take direction from and discuss decisions with supervisor, and to coordinate with peers on project
- Must be able to interact with customer representatives in an effective manner in briefings meetings
- Must have demonstrated success with a team approach to the consulting business
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Periodic travel is required
At Leidos, we take care of our employees. We seek the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training, and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.
Leidos Engineering is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.