Electric Utilities Project Control Specialist
We are currently seeking qualified applicants to provide Electric Utilities Project Control services related to transmission line, substation and distribution line construction projects within our client facilities.
At Leidos, we take care of our employees. We seek the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training, and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.
As an Electric Utilities Project Controls Specialist within Leidos’ Power Delivery Services organization, you will work alongside project managers, construction managers and lead engineers for a major investor-owned utility client supported by the Power Delivery Services (PDS) division, supporting Transmission & Distribution electric utility projects. The position will be client facing and responsible for creating, maintaining, and driving resource and cost loaded schedules using Primavera P6 Scheduling Software.
We are specifically looking for Electric Utilities Project Controls candidates in the following locations:
- Orlando, FL
- Charlotte, NC
- Raleigh, NC
Project Controls Specialist Responsibilities:
- Work with Project Management using earned value management techniques to ensure that schedule and costs are aligned, including the development of recovery plans, to stay within approved limits
- Verify progress and reviews performance trends
- Investigate causes of variances between planned and earned/actual progress and document discoveries
- Identify, analyze and document project variances and conclude on possible impacts
- Lead/Assist in the development and maintenance of Issue and Risk register
- Provide analysis of cost variances between budget, actual costs, and support development of cost forecasts
- Develop and produce weekly/monthly project control reports for client and internal management review
- Interfacing directly with the client and internal management to report progress, schedule and risks across a portfolio of electrical distribution projects
- Assist the project manager with the creation and maintenance of comprehensive project dashboard reports and KPI tracking
To be considered for the following levels:
- Entry Level: Bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines: Engineering, Construction Management, Business or Finance required Two (2) or less years of relevant Project Controls experience, may consider more experience in lieu of degree.
- Base Level: Bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines: Engineering, Construction Management, Business or Finance required with a minimum of Two (2) + years of relevant Project Controls experience, may consider more experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience with Large Electric Utilities companies
Project Controls Specialist Qualifications
- Minimum understanding of Primavera, MS Project, and MS Office Suite
- Must demonstrate recent and in-depth expertise in electric power infrastructure projects within transmission or distribution design
- Must have the capability for planning, organizing, directing, and tracking technical efforts on assigned tasks
- Should be capable of tracking cost and schedule status of assigned tasks
- Must be able to interact with customer representatives in an effective manner
- Must have demonstrated success with a team approach to the consulting business
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
Leidos Engineering is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.