Software Engineer (NASA)
The Integrated Mission Operations Group at Leidos has an opening for a Software Engineer to work at our John C. Stennis Space Center, MS location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience and training in support of the US Naval Oceanography Program. In this mission, we support the Navy’s responsibility to execute operational oceanography; meteorology; precise time and astrometry; and Geospatial Information and Services (GI&S) to the operating forces of the Navy and (DoD). The Naval Meteorology and Oceanography Command (NAVMETOCCOM), with its subordinate organizations, such as the Naval Oceanographic Office (NAVOCEANO), is responsible for compiling, processing, assessing, and analyzing oceanographic, atmospheric, and other types of environmental data, which have a critical impact on naval operations.
ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
As a software engineer, you will perform as a vital part of an experienced NAVOCEANO-embedded team that develops and maintains operational software systems required by military and civilian personnel supporting (primarily) undersea warfare. This Software Engineering opportunity is a full-time position at the Stennis Space Center embedded with our customers, and is not remote.
This is not your standard programming position – you will work with scientific data, numerical models, geospatial systems, Navy-standard algorithms, high resolution databases and technical experts with unique and exciting mission-critical support requirements!
Your greatest work is ahead! If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- Perform full life-cycle software engineering guided by project leads and senior personnel. This includes developing or assisting in development of user stories, requirements, design elements, utilizing coding best practices, testing and deployment preparation in a hybrid agile software development environment
- Assist in scientific data processing/analysis or geospatial mapping activities if needed
- Work as part of small project teams, and independently, per project planning guidance
- Work with project leads to ensure your activities meet technical, schedule and cost goals
- Utilize sound interpersonal skills to communicate progress, problems and potential issues and risks
- Meet all physical security and information assurance requirements for performing on operational Navy classified and unclassified networks.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and at least 4 years' relevant, hands-on programming experience. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree. Candidates with relevant internships and/or experience will be given priority.
- Working knowledge and experience with C, C++, C#, or Java
- Experience with Database technologies SQL or NoSQL
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers to explain facts, basic analysis, processes and practices related to area
- Ability to understand and solve relevant technical problems following established procedures and policies
- Active Secret clearance based upon SSBI or T5 investigation
- Working knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS products and programming
- Working knowledge and experience with MVVM and WPF or .NET MAUI
- Working knowledge of Python and common libraries (Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, etc.)
- Working knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistics (A/B Testing, Regression, etc.)
- Working knowledge of scientific data handling and processing
- Working knowledge of modern computer programming paradigms (Cloud, DEVSECOPS, CI/CD, etc.)
Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries. At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Leidos provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.