SOC Cybersecurity Analyst
Leidos has a current job opportunity for a SOC Cybersecurity Analyst on the DISA GSM-O program at the Pentagon. This is a mid shift position (10pm - 6am) and an active Secret clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI is required.
- Utilize alerts from endpoints, IDS/IPS, netflow, and custom sensors to identify compromises on customer networks/endpoints.
- Perform junior- to intermediate-level review of massive log files, pivot between data sets, and correlate evidence for incident investigations.
- Pass triaged alerts to senior-level SOC personnel and assist in identifying malicious actors on customer networks.
- Document analysis, findings, and actions in a case/knowledge management system.
- Support senior-level SOC personnel with the creation and distribution of incident reports to customers and higher headquarters.
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance or higher, and ability to obtain TS/SCI
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience; additional work experience or Cyber courses/certifications may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 2+ years of prior incident handling/response experience
- Experience working in a SOC environment is required
- CND experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Demonstrated sound understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings
- DoD 8570 IAT level II or higher certification such as CompTIA Security+ CE, ISC2 SSCP, SANS GSEC prior to starting.
- DoD 8570 CSSP-A level Certification such as CEH, CySA+, GCIA or other certification is required within 6 months of start.
- Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cybersecurity domain and an ability to think and work independently
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Willing to perform shift work, including weekend hours.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data (e.g. Netflow, Full Packet Capture), and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations.
- In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g. ArcSight, Splunk, Nitro/McAfee Enterprise Security Manager, QRadar, LogLogic).
- Experience and proficiency with any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS/HBSS, IDS/IPS, Full Packet Capture, Network Forensics.
- Experience with malware analysis concepts and methods.
- Unix/Linux command line experience.
- Scripting and programming experience.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.