Meteorology, Oceanographic, and GIS Programs (METOC)
Leidos, a FORTUNE® 500 science and technology leader, has bid on the Sustainment of Meteorology, Oceanographic, and Geospatial Information & Services Programs, Systems and Information Systems (METOC ISS) by the Naval Meteorology and Oceanography and Naval Information Forces Commands to analyze, sustain, maintain, engineer, integrate, and enhance METOC IT software/system capabilities. The $150 million contract includes a 5-year period of performance if all options and award terms are exercised.
In this mission, we will support the Navy’s Meteorology and Oceanography Command’s responsibility for providing the Fleet with a singular, authoritative source of current and predictive Physical Battle-Space Awareness products and data to enhance decision superiority across the range of military operations, ensuring that Naval and Joint forces operate more safely and effectively and make better decisions than the adversary.
This is not your normal IT program; you will work with scientific data, numerical models, geospatial systems, Navy-standard algorithms, high resolution databases and technical experts with unique and exciting mission-critical support requirements!
Work under this contract will be accomplished in the following locations:
- Stennis Space Center, MS
- Monterey, CA
- Washington, DC
- Norfolk, VA
- San Diego, CA
- Gulfport, MS
- Pearl Harbor, HI
Leidos will be hiring for the following opportunities:
- Applications Systems Analyst/Programmer including Cloud, ESRI ArcServer, Geoserver, Linux, and Windows
- Communications Installer
- Data Engineer
- Data Scientist
- Data/Configuration Management Specialist
- Database Analyst/Programmer including Cloud, Oracle, and PostgreSQL
- Database Manager/Administrator including Cloud, Oracle, and PostgreSQL
- DevSecOps Engineer
- Documentation Specialist
- Geographic Information Systems Analyst/Programmer
- Geographic Information Systems Manager
- Information Analyst
- Information System Specialist
- Information Technology Specialist
- Knowledge Management Specialist
- Network Engineer
- Network System Administrator
- Network System Manager
- Project Manager
- Requirements Engineer
- Scrum Master
- Software Systems Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- Systems Integration Architect
- Technical METOC Subject Matter Expert
- Technical Writer/Editor
- Test Engineer including Automation and Software
Basic Qualifications for all positions:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university and experience and skills as required for individual position. (Extra years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree for some positions). Additionally, some positions require a Master’s or PhD.
- US Citizenship
- Candidates must possess an active clearance or be eligible to obtain a clearance including Secret or TS/SCI.
For more information and to arrange a confidential interview please apply directly to this job posting.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.