Ammo Handler (Hazmat ) (ASP)
The ASP Ammo Handler is responsible for the accomplishment of duties in accordance with Army and Fort Benning policies, procedures, directives and regulations. Performs the activities of ammunition handler responsible for storage, receipt, issue, shipment, processing of unit returns and repacking of ammunition items within the ASP of Class V ammunition items. Ammo Handlers will also perform remarking of ammunition containers In Accordance with Military Standard (MIL-STD) 129R.
- As directed, performs warehouse duties.
- Verifies materials/merchandise against receiving documents, noting and reporting discrepancies and/or damages.
- Reviews Ammunition Stores Slip (DA Form 3151) and pull associated items for unit issue. Replaced associated item during unit return, receipts and shipment process
- Conducts frequent location surveys to ensure accuracy of ammunition in storage location
- Operates Material Handling Equipment (i.e., forklifts, pallet jacks).
- Performs re-warehousing operations.
- Performs remarking (spray painting) and Stenciling operations as required
- Performs Inventory Control Procedures
- Records data onto applicable documents and forms
- Performs variations of record keeping
- Ensure all assigned storage locations/work areas are locked and IDS system (if applicable) activated at the end of the business day.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet organizational/operational objectives (additional duties as required)
- Operate in outdoor environment in all weather conditions
- Safely operate all assigned Material Handling Equipment (MHE)
- Must be able to operated standard office equipment.
- Function in an office environment in a stationary position.
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 pounds unassisted with a minimum of 5 lbs with in the warehouse environment.
- Must be able to operate in a prolonged standing environment, up to eight hours.
- Must be able to walk on uneven ground and within work various sites at times in the performance of duties.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Related experience in a warehouse/order filler setting is a plus.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Basic Ammunition Certifications preferred (Ammo-45,63,64,67,68, 75, 76,112,) IAW AMC-R 350-4). Onsite training is available. Must be able to receive these certifications within 90 days of hire.
- Must be able pass local ammunition security screenings
- Must be able to provide US Citizenship documentation, such as a birth certificate or passport.
- Must be able to pass the background check to have unaccompanied access to arms, ammunition and explosives.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an NACI Tier 1
- At least (1) year of related experience working with ammunition or warehouse handling and order filling.
- Possess high ethical standards and demonstrate professionalism.
- Ability to work independently or in a team-based, highly collaborative environment.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; ability to interact at all levels.
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Must be able to problem solve and perform research using related applicable regulations.