Field Service Technician
Will perform Preventative Maintenance measures on CT X Ray systems. Maintains field service log and filing system to properly initiate, organize and maintain all field service and job files until work is completed. Demonstrates initiative and dedication through positive use of downtime and an overall willingness and eagerness to consistently exceed customer and company requirements.
- Responsible for meeting daily preventative maintenance needs and driving customer satisfaction at assigned sites / location.
- Documents all inspections, maintenance, repair work and submits paperwork in a timely basis
- Order, install, and return parts and manages repair parts cycle time
- Ensures that tools and test equipment are properly maintained and calibrated
- Assesses product/equipment performance based on field support data; recommends modifications or improvements.
- May participate in site surveys, pilot program service activities, attend meetings
- Possesses basic technical knowledge on the company’s X-Ray technologies.
- Maintains clear and concise business communication, both oral and written
- Establishes and maintains a close relationship with senior level FST’s, Lead Technicians and Product Managers in order to support the needs of the customer and remain aware of current technical trends.
- Exercises every available measure to control and minimize costs.
- Travel, overtime and work hours other than Monday-Friday may be required.
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies.
- Comply with all applicable U.S. export control and security regulations.
- Other duties as required.
- Associate’s Degree/Related Trade Certification (electrical, electronic, mechanical)/Military Training (electrical, mechanical, electronics). (Equivalence achieved through comparative work and life experience of 1-3 years is acceptable work experience in a related electrical or mechanical field service role). Computer literacy; competency in use of all programs within MS Office Suite and aptitude for learning specialized software programs.
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience directly involved in troubleshooting and field repair of electrical and electronic systems and equipment.
- Individuals shall possess excellent communications skills and have a strong orientation for customer focus and teamwork. Must be responsive to all customer issues at all times. Must be willing & able to travel at short notice.
- Supervision is not considered a primary responsibility of this position.
- Must be able to pass an indepth background check (TSA eQIP).
- Possess excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal skills with the ability to multitask several projects at once.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to handle stressful situations.
- Self-motivated, reliable, and accountable individual
- Possess excellent telephone skills
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 200 lbs.
- Job requires frequent bending, stooping, twisting, turning, and working in unusual positions requiring full body mobility.
- Must be able to work safely and follow safety precautions in extreme environments (temperature, humidity, noise, confined spaces, etc.) around dangerous industrial equipment.
Pay Range:Pay Range $44,200.00 - $68,000.00 - $91,800.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.