Senior Python Software Engineer
Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Unlimited Education and Training Support, Parental Paid Leave and more! If this sounds like a place you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a Software Engineer at our customer site in Annapolis Junction, MD.
Qualified candidates are eligible for enhanced incentives including up to a $20K cash sign on bonus or a paid time off bonus.
This contract is a large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment and sustainment of large, collection systems. The work that's being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
The Software Engineer (SWE) works as part of a small, fast-paced team of engineers developing and maintaining a diverse mix of applications and systems utilizing a variety of the latest technologies. The SWE is responsible for developing new features, enhancing existing code, and resolving bugs using Python for systems running in Docker containers with Kubernetes orchestration. The SWE also develops and maintains systems using technologies such as Elasticsearch, Kibana, Kafka, and InfluxDB. The SWE makes recommendations for technology upgrades, performs upgrades to new versions of existing frameworks and, where applicable, migrates from one framework to another.
- Software development on Linux environments using Python
- Software Engineers with strong Java skills and light python development skills who are interested in becoming proficient with Python will be considered on a case by case basis
- Experience with containerization and orchestration using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Writing code to interact with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and InfluxDB.
- Developing and maintaining systems using Elasticsearch and Kibana.
- Experience with data streaming using Apache Kafka.
- Previous experience with networking or optical network experience / knowledge is a plus.
Security Clearance Requirement:
Must possess active TS/SCI with polygraph to be considered for this role.
- Fourteen (14) years experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Self-Motivated, problem solver.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.