Certified Industrial Hygienist
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, [Register to View]
Are you tired of working 60+ hours a week? Are you looking for a better Work Life Balance? At Leidos, Work Life Balance is not just a catch phrase, it’s a way of life. We expect our employees to work a normal 40 hour week. If this sounds good to you, we invite you to explore our job opportunities with Leidos.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to convey complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
The NISC IV program at Leidos is looking for an Occupational Safety Health Analyst!
The selected candidate will:
- Takes effective steps to ensure that workplace conditions comply with applicable federal and state Occupational Safety and Health standards, ensuring that all records are prepared and maintained.
- Participates in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) inspections and in any procedures that may follow a citation.
- Investigates, prepares reports, and forwards documents to customer for approval.
- Reports on injuries and fatalities.
- Conducts safe work procedures training courses.
- This position will support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Air Traffic Organization (ATO), Western Service Area (WSA) Environmental, Occupational Safety & Health (EOSH) Program and assist the District Safety and Environmental Compliance Managers (SECMs) for the Los Angles (LAX) District Office.
- The candidate will respond to tasks within the customer’s Asbestos, Lead, Environmental Compliance, OSH Compliance, Confined Space, Fall Protection, Safety Training, Drinking Water, Indoor Air Quality (IAQ), and Pandemic programs.
- The candidate will participate in EOSH investigations related to potential accidental releases, mishaps, and employee complaints, as requested by the Safety & Environmental Compliance Manager (SECM).
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The position requires the candidate to travel approximately 25% – 50% supporting the LAX District.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain a Public Trust Security clearance.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, OR equivalent experience/combined education will be accepted in lieu of degree, with 4+ years of professional experience; OR 2+ years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), OR Associated Safety Professional is highly desired.
- Certified in any of the following areas is a plus: Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) Asbestos Contractor/Supervisor; AHERA Asbestos Building Inspector; Certified Lead Professional; Lead Inspector/Risk Assessor; and Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER).
- Able to be fit-tested and wear a respirator, and be enrolled in Respiratory Protection Program (if hired).
- Able to climb structures and oversee Fall Protection Program.
- Confined Space assessment, program administration; Forklift Operator, Forklift Instructor; Aerial Lift Operator, and Aerial Lift Instructor, are desired.
- Should have highly developed presentation skills, comfortable conducting training classes, self-motivated and proactive team player, excellent written and oral communication skills, and proficient using MS Office software.
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on [Register to View] target="_blank">LinkedIn and [Register to View] target="_blank">Facebook[Register to View] target="_blank">.
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.