Lead Transmission Line Engineer
Unleash Your Potential
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is seeking a Lead Transmission Line Engineer who will work as a member of a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment, solving complex problems involved with extra high voltage electric transmission line design. In this role, you will serve as a Lead Engineer on electric transmission design projects for high-voltage (HV) and extra-high-voltage (EHV) overhead utility systems. You will apply NESC, NEC, ASCE, and other applicable standards in the engineering and design of electrical overhead, voltage conversion projects, new capacity projects, and infrastructure replacement projects. Additionally, you will assist the team, as well as independently perform: engineering analyses; prepare bidding documents, plans, and specifications; prepare material procurement, construction documents and work with project planning, environmental, permitting, and construction management.
This position provides the opportunity for you to develop an engineering team with direct report responsibilities. While also being responsible for managing client relations, proposal development, scope creation, and project management. *Work Location: Irving (Dallas), TX (with potential for hybrid / partial remote).
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there, and at times need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. We combine our scale as a Fortune 500 company with the deep technical knowledge of our core capabilities and the expertise of our talented and diverse workforce to deliver mission-centric innovations. For each of these core capabilities, we have developed proven, repeatable processes that help us deliver agile, cost-effective solutions to foster a better world. To explore and learn more, click [Register to View] !
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
What Sets You Apart:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with eight (8)+ years of relevant experience in the design of electric utility transmission systems.
- Professional Engineering Registration (NCEES Record preferred).
- Expertise in PLS-CADD, POLE, TOWER, Autodesk AutoCAD, FAD, Microsoft Office, and SharePoint.
You Might Also Have:
- Experience with Bentley MicroStation, Bentley ProjectWise, SAG10, LPILE, ESRI ArcGIS, and Mathcad.
- Work effectively in team environment; can also work independently.
- Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Work in client office is a possibility and/or periodic travel may be required.
- Ability to develop staff through mentoring.
- Capability to review engineering calculations including PLS-CADD models.
- Knowledge of NESC code requirements, construction cost estimating, specification, material procurement process, project schedule creation, and construction work packages.
Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, apply today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.