The NISC IV program within the Leidos Civil Group is seeking a Legal Analyst to perform varied administrative tasks and use their excellent communications skills to support senior Human Resource executives at the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
In this Legal Analyst role, you will provide support to Leidos and the FAA in managing and overseeing the timely execution of internal and external tasks for the customer. This position will serve as principal administrative contact and liaison for the executive office and will require a high degree of professionalism. The tasks are sometimes sensitive and involve direct contact with executive level personnel and their staff.
Legal Assistant Responsibilities:
- Use of excellent communications skills, strong managerial and interpersonal skills (both oral & written) to thrive in a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Analyze and measure the effectiveness of existing business processes and develop sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements.
- Research or implement best business practices within and outside the organization, collecting and analyzing process data to initiate, develop and recommend business practices and procedures that focus on enhanced safety, increased productivity, and reduced cost.
- Perform research and advise the management team in taking action on sensitive personnel actions.
- Support the program with editing, creating, processing, and coordinating the composition of products for hardcopy and electronic publication and dissemination. This work includes editing, proofreading, formatting, creating graphics, and providing quality control for the publication of analytic and finished products (including briefing books) for senior policymakers.
- Lead document production efforts, prepare concepts for customer review, produce final content, coordinate with stakeholders, ensure quality control, and prepare and deliver digital files for final hard copy or soft copy output.
- Serve as the technical resource for reports, presentations, talking points, speeches, and provide alternative approaches and mediums for executive consideration.
- Organize, define, clarify, and communicate customers' requirements and coordinate with customers to translate vision and conceptual ideas into written products.
- Design visual content to communicate messages via email messages, KSN Pages, or other channels.
- Greet visitors, answer phones and route to appropriate personnel or record and deliver timely messages.
- Manage complex calendars and arrange meetings and appointments
- Prepare executive level travel arrangements to include mode, lodging, and transportation and prepare travel vouchers upon return.
- Maintain calendar and monitor daily and long-term schedules of executive office commitments.
- Establish and/or utilize control procedures to maintain status of actions and to ensuring deadlines are met Independently review correspondence for grammar, punctuation, format, and content for executive level signature.
- Make recommendations for format and display of data in support of assigned tasks and/or to improve work processes.
- Collaborate with executives to create and maintain executive office standard operating procedures and shared drive electronic filing system.
- Organize complex meetings both internally and schedule, reserve conference facilities/rooms, document attendance, and distribute associated meeting materials
- Prepare and distribute read-ahead materials and agendas for meetings.
- Apply experience and knowledge of office automation and software programs to prepare, track, and route correspondence and reports.
- BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills while thriving in deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Strong MS Office Suite especially PowerPoint.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Ability to efficiently plan, provide for contingencies, balance competing demands, adapt to change, and remain focused to deliver results.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.