Shipping & Receiving Clerk (CIF)
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk (CIF) performs clerical and physical tasks required to ship, receive, transport and store serviceable and unserviceable OCIE (Organizational Clothing and Individual Equipment) in support of the Fort Bragg, Central Issue Facility. This position may direct and coordinate the activities of other workers engaged in handling goods to be shipped or being received.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Load and unload material from loading docks, delivery trucks, storage areas, and production areas.
- Verifies that orders are accurately filled by comparing items and quantities of goods gathered for shipment against documents.
- Ensures that shipments are properly packaged, identified with shipping information, and loaded into transporting vehicles.
- Prepares and keeps records of goods shipped, e.g., manifests, bills of lading.
- Verifies the correctness of incoming shipments by comparing items and quantities unloaded against bills of lading, invoices, manifests, storage receipts, or other records.
- Checks for damaged goods; ensuring that goods are appropriately identified for routing to departments within the installation.
- Manage inventory by identifying, cataloging, and recording the counts and location of inventory.
- Operate various machinery including pallet jacks, carts, weight scales, and banding equipment to handle materials and inventory.
- Work involved requires pushing, pulling, carrying, stopping, bending, squatting and reaching.
- Comply with all safety and health regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet organizational/operational objectives.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as face mask, safety vest, steel or composite shoes/boots, safety gloves, hard hat and eyewear in certain areas.
- Work will typically be in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- There may be times when an employee is exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 45 pounds.
- Must be able to stand and walk within work sites 6-8 hours a day in performance of duties.
- Must be able to push, pull, carry, stoop, bend, squat and reach.
- Education: One year of related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to pass the standard background check.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- NAC-I clearance required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card (CAC)
- One (1) year or more experience in warehouse operations.
- One (1) year or more experience in driving and operating forklifts.
- Possess high ethical standards and demonstrate professionalism.
- Valid Driver’s License without restrictions.
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to work independently or in a team-based, highly collaborative environment.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; ability to interact at all levels.
- Other duties as assigned to meet organizational/operational objectives
To be qualified for this position you must comply with the government customer’s requirement that you either provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, as defined by the CDC, or agree to undergo and provide results of weekly COVID-19 testing.
As of now, to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 you must have received either two doses of Pfizer BioNTech Vaccine, two doses of AstraZeneca/Oxford Vaccine, two doses of Moderna Vaccine, or one dose of Johnson & Johnson Vaccine, and two weeks must have elapsed after the final dose was administered.
This definition may change in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Compliance with this directive is an essential function of the position and is a condition of employment.