Director of Distribution Engineering
We are seeking a Director of Distribution Engineering for electric utility engineering. This position will support the Vice President of Distribution Engineering in day-to-day execution of a department of over 300 designers and engineers. The aspects of the day-to-day execution will vary, but will focus on technical issues associated with delivery of high-quality distribution engineering deliverables for our utility clients.
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms.
This position will be remote in nature, but ideal candidates will be located in the Midwest or Northeastern United States near the territories served by Leidos' utility clients. Some occasional, regional travel may be anticipated.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Drive technical consistency across the various client programs
- Develop global production metrics across programs to monitor performance
- Standardize training programs across the discipline
- Provide technical training and oversight of training programs
- Champion adoption of automation implementation across client programs.
- Support hiring of senior / strategic staff
- Support business development, proposal creation, and growth opportunities
- Strategize and implement organizational structures to enable future growth
- Identify market opportunities and investments to enable program growth
Basic Qualifications/Background Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline (EE preferred) is required and minimum of twelve (12) + years of prior relevant experience: relevant experience is either working directly with an electric utility or an electric utility consulting company, performing electric distribution design engineering
- Professional Engineer License is required
- Proficient knowledge of the National Electric Safety Code (NESC) and understanding of client construction standards
- Experience with Business Development, developing proposals, pricing & client interviews
- Successful project management experience (initiate, plan, execute, monitor & control, closeout)
- Previous Experience managing large engineering teams
- PMP certification
- Masters Degree of Science or MBA
Professional attributes needed to succeed in this role :
- Strong communication skills, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Collaborative and inclusive attitude; ability to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds and geographic locations
- Ability to work with limited supervision and providing leadership to other team members
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Professional dress and demeanor
No two career paths will ever look the same. At [Register to View] target="_blank">Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
PowerDeliveryPay Range:Pay Range $105,300.00 - $162,000.00 - $218,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.