Leidos has a need for a Cloud Architect to support developing and maintaining a cloud-based data environment to transport, store, extract, transform, and load (ETL), and disseminate data solutions. The Cloud Architect works directly with the Sponsor to develop cross-domain, on-premises firewall solutions, overseeing the implementation and operation of the Sponsor's cloud infrastructure. The successful candidate will provide experienced support in data engineering, cloud architecture, and application development. The work requires working in a cross functional team and includes engaging regularly with data scientists, analysts, and managers.
- Understand the Sponsor’s system of reporting and monitoring requirements and create and submit artifacts, so the system remains in compliance.
- Develop and deploy multiple environments for development and testing throughout the testing cycle by designing, standing up, deploying, and maintaining several cloud environments on multiple frameworks that employ a cross-domain solution.
- Stand up necessary infrastructure for new services and integrate them with the existing system.
- Povide physical architecture designs and comprehensive data delivery modeling to support decommissioning legacy systems and the standup of new cloud implementations in cross-domain environments to maintain service availability across product lines.
- Troubleshoots problems that arise with the system, its data, connected systems, or downstream consumers
- Transition deprecated on-prem systems and develop comprehensive move plans
- Review utilization and usage metrics for the customer’s compute and scale them appropriately to minimize cost
- Set deployment schedules and deliverables across stakeholder, enterprise, and partner systems, ensure cloud environments are aligned properly with security, and produce documentation and briefings to management and stakeholders.
- Develop and implement System Security Plans
- Must have a TS/SCI with Poly to be considered
- Must have a Bachelor's degree and minimum of 8 years OR a Masters degree and 6 years mimimum relatable work experience
- Demonstrated experience with AWS cloud services, including long-term storage options.
- Demonstrated experience with cloud-based database services such as Databricks or EMR.
- Demonstrated experience with SQL database structures and mapping between SQL databases.
- Demonstrated experience with ETL processes, devices and software such as Apache Nifi.
- Demonstrated experience with large scale data compute or processing clusters such as Hadoop.
- Demonstrated experience with developing and analyzing options for storing data in a cloud environment.
- Demonstrated experience integrating cloud and on-premise infrastructure.
- Demonstrated experience optimizing costs over time for a dynamic cloud environment.
- Demonstrated experience with containers and server-less technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with Python, Bash, and Terraform.
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines with source control (Git), continuous build and delivery (Jenkins), issue management (Jira), documentation and collaboration (Confluence), automated testing, and infrastructure or configurations.
- Demonstrated experience with DevSecOps solutions and tools.
- Demonstrated experience with the Sponsor’s data environment.
- Demonstrated experience in storage and backup recovery systems.
- Demonstrated experience in the cyber security domain.
- Demonstrated experience working with data scientists or other technical analysts.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.