Distribution Engineering Manager
Leidos is seeking a Manager of Distribution Engineering for electric utility engineering. This position will support the Vice President of Distribution Engineering in the development and execution of engineering opportunities in the Mid-Atlantic region of the US. This position is an exciting opportunity to leverage your entrepreneurial spirit and build a new engineering team.
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms.
This position is remote in nature, but we are specifically seeking candidates that are located in the Mid -Atlantic region of the US. Candidates can expect to spend time meeting with potential utility customers in the region.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Drive business development, proposal creation, and growth opportunities.
- Engage with potential clients and present Leidos capabilities.
- Acquire new work and execute the first deliverables with a high quality.
- Hire a team to execute additional assigned work.
- Build a program to support Mid-Atlantic clients.
- Develop training material
- Oversee QA/QC
- Track scope, schedule, and budget for projects in flight
- Develop production metrics and monitor performance.
- Track and report financial metrics
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree (EE preferred) is required and minimum of five (5) + years of prior relevant experience: relevant experience is either working directly with an electric utility or an electric utility consulting company, performing electric distribution design engineering
- Proficient knowledge of the National Electric Safety Code (NESC) and understanding of client construction standards
- Experience with Business Development, developing proposals, pricing & client interviews
- Successful project management experience (initiate, plan, execute, monitor & control, closeout)
- Previous Experience managing engineering teams
- Professional Engineer License
- PMP Certification
- Master's Degree of Science or MBA
Professional attributes needed to succeed in this role :
- Strong communication skills, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Collaborative and inclusive attitude; ability to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds and geographic locations
- Ability to work with limited supervision and providing leadership to other team members
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Professional dress and demeanor
No two career paths will ever look the same. At [Register to View] target="_blank">Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.