Team Lead - Military Family Life Counseling
Leidos is a leader in providing Human Performance and Behavioral Health support to the Department of Defense (DoD) and the Veterans Administration. We have a reputation as one of the most outstanding providers of both clinical and non-clinical professionals in support of our military and military families across the globe.
Our staff provides non-medical counseling (NMC) services and additional outreach services through a single DoD maintained and operated MFLC program. The standard MFLC counseling approach is psycho-educational in nature, tailored to unique military environments, and helps participants learn to anticipate and resolve unique challenges associated with military life. These services aid in the prevention or reduction of the effects of stressors that may detract from military and family readiness.
Leidos Military & Veterans Health group is seeking a Team Lead to support the MFLC program in California.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
MFLC Team Leads are responsible for directly supervising the performance and service delivery of an assigned group of MFLC Counselors. MFLC Team Leads are generally located within, or adjacent to, the local area of the MFLCS they supervise. MFLC Team Leads may be geographically separated from the Regional Supervisor to whom they report.
Essential Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities:
- Supervises a dedicated team of approximately 30-40 MFLCs; assisting in the hiring process, delegating work assignments, evaluating performance, approving time and attendance, setting performance objectives, and addressing employee issues
- Works directly with Installation POCs to ensure efficient and effective service delivery and issue resolution
- Coordinates new MFLC on-boarding and in-processing
- Facilitate on demand and surge requirements in their team area
- Monitors and assures MFLC service delivery per contract requirements
- Mentors MFLCs to optimize performance, continue growth and development, and assure professional standards are maintained
- Responsible for insuring MFLCs compliance with government, corporate, and professional licensing/certification training requirements
- Follows up with MFLCs to ensure the correct delivery of approved training materials
- Prepares reports and provides written and oral briefings to management and local/installation government representatives as required
- Provides face-to-face confidential NMC and NMC outreach services and support Rotational MFLCs, On-demand MFLCs, and Surge MFLCs
- Performs other duties, responsibilities, and activities as needed
- MUST currently hold Califirnia LMFT, LPCC, LCSW, or Psychologist license.
- MUST be located in San Diego/Oceanside California in order to be in person on installation that they support.
- Must hold a Master’s degree from an accredited graduate program in a mental health related field such as social work, psychology, marriage/family therapy, or counseling
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Three years’+ post-license management or supervisory responsibilities.
Preferred Skills, Experience & Abilities:
- MFLC experience strongly preferred/desired
- An understanding of the military lifestyle and working with military family members
- Working knowledge of military, state, federal, and local laws and resources
- Ability to understand, apply and maintain professional standards
- Must have proven leadership skills and ability
- Ability to provide clear direction and guidance to a diverse team of professionals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Highly developed written, oral, and presentation communication skills
- Ability to travel to site locations as needed
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.