Senior Security Specialist
Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
The Senior Security Specialist provides technical security expertise in following security disciplines: personnel, physical/industrial, and security operations. This position requires the ability to use security concepts, principles, and practices to analyze and resolve difficult and complex security issues for NGA’s SISG Division. The position requires familiarity with oversight and management of Controlled Access Programs (CAP) information and the ability to provide security guidance using DoD / IC regulations and directives required for a successful collaborative environment between NGA’s internal and external customers.
- Review and update program security databases
- Review program access requests (PARs)
- Perform Staff Assistance Visits (SAVs) with internal and external customers
- Interpret security policy on matters pertaining to processing, dissemination, and controlling of classified materials.
- Act as a liaison between NGA, other federal agencies and contractors
- Prepare and deliver verbal and written briefings to internal and external customers.
- Develop the required programs and operations to support tasks or requirements for monitoring and managing security operations.
- Provide the government with status reports and recommendations for decisions.
- Organize, develop and deliver concise executive-level reports and presentations.
- Experience or familiarization with Defense Information Security System (DISS), Scattered Castles, Intelligence Community Compartmented Access Request System (ICCARs), and PeopleSoft.
All applicants must have an active TS/SCI clearance and agree to undergo a Polygraph examination to be considered for this position.
- Minimum 11 years of relevant security experience with 5 years of experience executing security programs within a government agency.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, to include both written and verbal.
- Experience briefing and collaborating directly with senior leadership.
- Experience conducting security inspections and staff assistance visits then review results and make recommendations.
- Experience with national security program directives and applicable DCID, ICD, DoD, and Executive Orders.
- Experience providing guidance in security measures and requirements, and knowledgeable in risk management assessments.
BA/BS A degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
Years of experience: Minimum 11 years in executing procedures and processes to provide physical protection for personnel and company property, day-to-day damage, vandalism, loss prevention and other related security risk programs and meets required codes and regulations. Compiles data for loss control and accident reports. Supports and conducts internal investigations in accordance with legal requirements and company policies. Work performed at a higher level may include implementing and providing guidance to customers and management on personal or physical security issues such as security training, regulatory requirements, security policies and procedures and emerging trends in physical and or personal security. Works to achieve day-to-day objectives with major impact on the area of responsibility. Have an in-depth working knowledge in DOD and IC intelligence regulations, be familiar with intelligence oversight principles, must possess superior writing and briefing skills, and be capable of providing polished analysis documentation.
- Experience supporting Controlled Access Programs
- Experience working with policy and classification management for IC and DoD
- Experience writing and updating Standard of Operations (SOPs) involving Controlled Access Programs
Pay Range:Pay Range $75,400.00 - $116,000.00 - $156,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.