Splunk Engineer SME
The candidate will act as the person for the ArcSight to Splunk and then support the Cyber Incident Response team. The candidate will design, develop, recommend and implement the dashboards and alerts to support Cyber Incident Response Team. Establish and maintain the configuration and technical support for multiple new clients being monitored. Interface with the client in the strategic design process to integrate security and IT operations with business requirements and technical design. Provide guidance/direction to customer on how to best get value from Splunk products.
The candidate will”
- Enforce best practices for data Splunk administration
- Design the Splunk system solution for incident response to meet growth while maintain a balance between performance, stability, scalability and agility
- Provide engineering and design support for a large distributed Splunk environment consisting of heavy forwarders, indexers, search head servers, spanning security , performance and operational roles
- Be proficient in onboarding data into Splunk via forwarder, scripted inputs, TCP/UDP and modular inputs from sources such as FireEye, Bid IP, Cisco, Syslog, etc.
- Be familiar with recognizing and onboarding new data sources into Splunk
- Investigate data for anomalies and trends
- Build dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data
- Enforce best practices related to summarizing and query data into reports and dashboards with visual metrics for stakeholders
- Develop advanced scripts for the manipulation of multiple data repositories’ to support analysts’ requirements
- Work with other enterprise teams to support data capture and forecasting efforts to support proactive identification of issues
- Provide recommendations and implement changes to optimize Splunk products in the customer environment
- Understand customer requirements to design and implement appropriate Splunk solutions
- Develop and implement innovative Splunk based solutions
- Conduct investigations for root cause analysis of problems or issues
- Communicate with team members and customers
- Perform integration activities to connect with 3rd party software APIs
- Plan and direct systems upgrades
- Design system enhancements and monitor capacity to maintain operational capacity following change management processes
- Determine system specifications input/output process and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility
- Provide industry standard expertise in the deployment, configuration and operation of Splunk and Splunk enterprise security
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university/college in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field with 15+ years of experience or Masters with 13+ years of prior relevant experience; additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Advanced understanding of specific enterprise environments that direct the correlation of system data for mission impact
- Custom log file parsing
- Experience with Splunk dashboard creation
- Experience creating visualizations for displaying data
- Knowledge of networking protocols
- Database design and Management
- IC experience desired
- Experience writing Splunk queries in Splunk Programming Language (SPL)
- Lead effort in standing up contract specific Splunk lab in an effort to further our resources Splunk skills on the program
- Must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph.
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $219,000.00 - $295,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.