Finance Manager Operations
The Manager of Finance Operations position is a leader in the finance organization and requires an individual to lead a finance and accounting team as a lead for the Sr Manager of Finance Operations. This position requires a demonstration several important leadership attributes including:
- The responsible management and care of company assets. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of federal regulations including FAR, U.S. GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley and a general understanding of public company requirements.
- Serves as the Finance service line leader responsible for aligning service line objectives with the corporation financial goals and objectives. Serves as a key leader to service line leadership on finance-related issues and must demonstrate the ability to anticipate business challenges and to put corrective actions in place to meet service line goals.
- The position is considered a change agent for the organization by demonstrating the ability to develop continuous improvement projects, partnering with program operation to deliver on financial expectations and collaborating with the corporate finance team in delivering timely, complete and accurate financial results.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company
- Conducts all aspects of financial leadership of the service line including, P&L management, cash management, compliance, FP&A, risk management, pricing and estimating, and strategic planning.
- The manager needs to understand the operational dynamics and context of each program in the service line and resultant impacts on the financials
- Partner with business and functional leaders, providing information necessary to drive performance.
- Develop clearly articulated short term and long term financial plans and strategies.
- Advise on contracts that the service line company may enter
- Deliver against the service line’ s P&L proactively anticipating and addressing change that may impact the financials in a fast-paced environment.
- Ensures credibility of the Company’ s Finance department by providing timely and accurate analysis of financial data, reports, and trends on a routine basis, and as requested by management and others.
- Exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining confidentiality and good working relationships, with a variety of constituents including, field representatives, management and senior leadership team. Demonstrate culture of open communication and collaboration, where information and ideas are exchanged freely.
- Provides financial guidance in accordance with current policies, regulation and directives as mandated by Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP), US Government Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), US Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR). Anticipates, identifies and takes corrective action where lack of following procedures may introduce risk to the corporation where compliance is lacking.
- Collaborates with the Service Line Lead(s), Finance Program Leads, FP&A and Assistant Controller, oversees development of strategic business plans and forecasts. Reviews and provides analysis on the financial status of the programs.
- Proposes policies and procedures changes that will allow teams to function efficiently in day to day responsibilities while adhering to the intent of the control. Manages and resolves complex financial issues. Manages cash position of the Business Area closely monitoring contract funding levels and preparation/submission/collection of program billings.
- Assists individual program analysts based on corporate objectives and business strategies.
- Interfaces with multiple internal and external auditors ensuring overall compliance to include adherence with regulations.
- Motivate, strengthen, and hold accountable financial team members at all levels.
- Experience with LOGCAP or contingency based contracting preferred
- Performs personnel management functions to include, but not limited to, interviewing, coaching, counseling, and evaluating employees. Performs other duties and assignments as required.
Education: One year of related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if a degree is required.
- Bachelors degree. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) to ten (10) years’ experience for a publicly traded company in business and corporate accounting, including financial accounting.
- Government contract accounting knowledge required
- Experience working for a publicly traded company in Finance & Accounting
- Proven track record of running and enhancing the financial operations of a portfolio
- Demonstrated experience in the refinement and enhancement of financial systems
- Demonstrated ability to optimize working capital
- DoD Clearance not required, but preferred.
- Some travel expected
Skills & Technology Used:
- Strong analytical skills as well as strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Highly strategic/critical thinking skills required.
- Experience working for a publicly traded company in Finance & Accounting.
- Hands-on leader required.
- Knowledge of GAAP, CAS and FAR required.
- Ability to identify, recruit, motivate, coach, develop and retain finance team
- Understanding of implementing and maintaining government rate pools
- Outstanding communications skills both written and oral with boardroom presence
- Must display behaviors which embrace our values: integrity, respect, responsibility
- Personal computer, printer, copy machine and other general office equipment.
- Proficient in the use of computers and computer software programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and other ancillary plans.
- Paid Time Off (PTO), Holidays, Bereavement, and Jury Duty
Nationwide Salary Range: The salary range provided is intended to display the value of the company’s base pay compensation for all statewide locations across the United States. Salaries paid are subject to the conditions of the job including, but not limited to, the physical worksite location.
- $90,000 - 150,000