**This role can be 100% remote but the candidate must be in one of these regions – Augusta, ME; Binghamton, NY; Rochester, NY; New Haven, CT; or Framingham, MA
Leidos is seeking Distribution Designers to work remotely in multiple area in the Northeast.
Successful Distribution Designer candidates will have interest in developing construction work packages for the electric distribution system using various software systems and construction standards. Distribution systems may be in an OH, UG, or URD environment. Project work may include joint use make ready, and street light projects. Work packages will be developed using Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools, Work Management Systems (WMS), and other client systems. Project work will require performing engineering calculations that may include: structural analysis of poles, guying, cable pulling, electric demand, fault currents, and coordination of protective devices. Assignments may also include: preparing forestry trimming requests, facilitating permit and Right-of-Way acquisition, development of a BOM, estimating costs, and customer advocacy such as acquiring easements or calculating a customer Contribution in Aid of Construction (CIAC).
Distribution Designer Responsibilities:
- Design and construction work package development of electrical overhead and underground distribution systems (operating from 4kV through 138kV), mostly associated with programmatic work such as overloaded transformers, inspection and maintenance, joint use, and inspection reports.
- Comply with quality control and safe work practices and maintain compliance with project scope, schedule and budget.
- Field pole locations and take detailed notes on existing conditions. Fielding equipment to be provided and mileage is reimbursable.
Distribution Designer Required Education & Experience:
- Level 1 – Associate Distribution Designer: BS degree with less than 2 years of experience or BA or AS degree with 2 years relevant experience or HS diploma + 6 years of experience
- Level 2 – Distribution Designer: BS degree + 2 - 4 years relevant experience OR BA degree or AS degree + 4 years relevant experience OR MS degree + 2 years relevant experience OR HS diploma + 8 years relevant experience
Required for all levels:
- Experience with ESRI, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, PLS-CADD, MicroStation, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is a plus
- Familiarity with Pole Loading software ( O-Calc, SPIDA Calc, Pole Foreman) and SAP
- Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with projects in distribution design: using medium voltage switchgear, voltage conversion projects, distribution automation projects
- Experience with development of civil & electrical packages associated with complex cable/conduit in dense urban environments
No two career paths will ever look the same. At [Register to View] target="_blank">Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family with the [Register to View] target="_blank">benefits of working for a world-class employer. [Register to View] target="_blank">When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies.”
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth.
In this role, you can also expect to gain experience / expertise in:
- Structural Pole Modeling
- Electrical Power Calculations
- GIS design
- Project management
- Financial management
Pay Range:Pay Range $46,800.00 - $72,000.00 - $97,200.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.