Leidos is seeking remote Distribution Designers in West Virginia.
This role is remote but must be within a 3 hour driving distance of Wheeling or Huntington, WV
The successful candidate will have an interest in developing construction work packages for the electric distribution system using various software systems and construction standards. Distribution systems may be in an OH, UG, or URD environment. Project work may include joint use make ready, and street light projects. Work packages will be developed using Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools, Work Management Systems (WMS), and other client systems. Project work will require performing engineering calculations that may include: structural analysis of poles, guying, cable pulling, electric demand, fault currents, and coordination of protective devices. Assignments may also include: preparing forestry trimming requests, facilitating permit and Right-of-Way acquisition, development of a BOM, estimating costs, and customer advocacy such as acquiring easements or calculating a customer Contribution in Aid of Construction (CIAC).
Distribution Designer Responsibilities:
- Design and construction work package development of electrical overhead and underground distribution systems (operating from 4kV through 138kV), mostly associated with programmatic work such as overloaded transformers, inspection and maintenance, joint use, and inspection reports.
- Comply with quality control and safe work practices and maintain compliance with project scope, schedule and budget.
Distribution Designer Required Education & Experience:
- Level 2 - Distribution Designer: BS degree + 2 years relevant experience OR BA degree or AS degree + 4 years relevant experience OR MS degree + 2 years relevant experience OR HS diploma + 8 years relevant experience
- Level 3 – Senior Distribution Designer: BS degree + 4 years relevant experience OR BA degree or AS degree + 6 years relevant experience OR MS degree + 4 years relevant experience
Distribution Designer Requirements for all levels:
- Experience with ESRI, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, PLS-CADD, MicroStation, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is a plus
- Familiarity with Pole Loading software ( O-Calc, SPIDA Calc, Pole Foreman) and SAP
- Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with projects in distribution design: using medium voltage switchgear, voltage conversion projects, distribution automation projects
- Experience with development of civil & electrical packages associated with complex cable/conduit in dense urban environments
No two career paths will ever look the same. At [Register to View] with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as [Register to View] . We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.