MFLC Mission Ready Reserve Counselor - Summer Program (Clackamas)
Leidos is hiring licensed behavioral health professionals to join our Mission Ready Reserve (MRR) team in the state of Oregon with flexibility and availability to provide counseling support locally (<50 miles) with potential to travel for short-term event coverage in periodic, as needed assignments throughout the state. Join the mission to support U.S. service members and their families as they work through important military life adjustments while serving their country.
The MRR team offers a unique opportunity to serve a vital role, based on your availability, in providing counseling services to military children during installation child and youth summer programs and Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) summer school. Dates vary and support the school year calendar.
Child and Youth Behavioral Military and Family Life Counselor (CYB-MFLCs) Responsibilities include:
CYB-MFLCs provide support to families and augment child and youth programs, Department of Defense Education Activity schools, local education agencies, and camps designed for military children and youth and special operations commands. Counselors provide non-medical support, which includes counseling, consultation, and outreach, to eligible faculty, staff, parents, children, and youth. They may observe, participate, and engage in activities with children and youth; provide coaching, guidance and support to staff and parents; and model behavior management techniques for staff and parents.
Mission Ready Reserve counselors will also benefit from:
- No insurance to file.
- No progress notes required.
- No treatment plans to develop.
- Free and unlimited behavioral healthcare training.
- Reimbursement for job-related license renewal fees.
- Eligibility to participate in 401K retirement plan.
- Centralized support through a Counseling Center of Excellence that provides best practices, expert speakers, and state-of-the-art resources.
- Opportunity for bonuses and incentives if a full-time position interests you.
- A Master’s degree or higher in the Behavioral Health Professions (MS/MSW/MA/PhD).
- Licensure to practice at the independent practice level (PC, MFT, LCSW, PSYCHOLOGIST) in the state where you provide services.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to pass a basic background check for employment, a Child National Agency Check, and Inquiries (NACI/CNACI) clearance, commonly called a Public Trust clearance.
Pay Range $28/hr. - $50/hr.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.