Senior Systems Engineer
Are you ready to work on a program that supports mission focused projects? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as paid time off (PTO), flexible schedules, discounted stock purchase plans, career growth, unlimited education and training support, parental paid leave and more! You will have the opportunity to work under the best leadership in the industry at all levels; where supporting their employees and what they do-is what matters.
On this program we work super hard but also has fun. We have chili cooks offs, Pi Day with Pies, lunches brought in for the teams and program, end of year celebrations, recognition awards and much, much more.
This is a high profile program supporting projects working on highly visible applications AND building the next generation of these applications.
In this role as a Systems Engineer, this individual has technical experience with Linux/Windows servers within a within a physical and virtual environment. Duties include examining customer problems and implementing appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair and handle service inquiries and problems. This role analyzes recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing reoccurrence and analyzes existing infrastructure for tuning/performance enhancements. This Individuals in this role may be required to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions on customer servers. We are looking for individuals with focus, concentration, as well as patience and versatility to take part in all that is required to get mission accomplished, including O&M and R&D on top of existing duties.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Typically requires BS degree and 8+ years or Masters with 6-8 years of prior relevant experience of prior relevant, additional experience in lieu of degree
- Experience with server setup deployment, patch management methodologies
- Experience with technical support with solving issues in a growing environment.
- Experience with server using Linux operating systems (CentOS, RHEL, or Ubuntu)
- Experience with supporting virtual desktops running Linux, Microsoft Windows
- Experience with programs of similar size and complexity
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Experience with hardening Linux environments
- Experience with Puppet
- Experience creating and maintaining Infrastructure as code
- Experience with CLSE
- Experience with BASH Scripting/Automation through Linux Shell scripts or other scripting languages
· Experience in Amazon Web Service (AWS) cloud environment
· Experience with GITLAB functionality, error codes and scripting
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results
- Must be able to work independently to develop solutions to technical problems.
Preferred Qualifications: “nice to have” but not required.
· LDAP experience
Certification - Security+, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.