Technical Project Manager
Are you ready to work on a program that supports mission focused projects? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as paid time off (PTO), flexible schedules, discounted stock purchase plans, career growth, unlimited education and training support, parental paid leave and more! You will have the opportunity to work under the best leadership in the industry at all levels; where supporting their employees and what they do-is what matters.
On this program we work super hard but also has fun. We have chili cooks offs, Pi Day with Pies, lunches brought in for the teams and program, end of year celebrations, recognition awards and much, much more.
This is a high profile program supporting projects working on highly visible applications AND building the next generation of these applications.
In this role as Technical Project Manager for a development program development program responsible for delivering modern Identity Access Credential Management (ICAM) solutions. The Technical Manager supports and leads the contractor program team through the planning, organizing, development and delivery of capabilities for the Sponsor’s mission. Duties include leading teams to ensure that the program runs within scope, schedule, and budget constraints. Responsibilities include supporting all facets of the program preparation and execution, including staffing, staff development and interfacing with the Sponsor. We are looking for individuals with focus, concentration, as well as patience and versatility to take part in all that is required to get mission accomplished, including leading teams supporting O&M and R&D on top of existing duties.
- Provides technical leadership guidance to system development/implementation planning by preparing system engineering, management, system integration, and/or test plans
- Works to achieve key project/program objectives and deliverables.
- Supports staffing the project by reviewing resumes and conducting technical interviews
- Coordinates with the Sponsor, understands the Sponsor’s technical and mission intent and operationalizing technical solutions that enact their intent
- Effectively coordinates and communicates across the team, across functional organizations and sponsor groups
- Proactively identifies and mitigates risks, identifies and capitalizes on opportunities
- Establishes and maintains an inclusive work environment consistent with Leidos values
- Responsible for entire projects or processes spanning multiple technical areas.
- Regularly employs ingenuity and creativity to develop new technical solutions and systems in order to achieve functional objectives.
- Communicates with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members.
- May communicate with parties external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.).
- Works to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
- Requires expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Typically requires BS degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience additional experience in lieu of degree
- Experience with programs of similar size and complexity
- Experience with hands on Software Development or Systems Engineering
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results
Certification – PMP, Security+, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Pay Range:Pay Range $105,300.00 - $162,000.00 - $218,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.