Project Manager - Power Delivery
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Engineering has an opportunity for a Project Manager – Power Delivery who will work alongside lead engineers and account managers supporting various clients within our Power Delivery Services.
We are currently seeking qualified applicants to provide Project Management Services related to transmission line, substation, and distribution line construction projects within our client facilities throughout the United States. The Project Manager will be part of an established Project Management Office that provides consulting services to public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities. These consulting services provide clients with overall project management tasks in the areas of comprehensive engineering design of electrical transmission and distribution, substation, and transmission line projects nationwide.
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Mission Leidos Engineering is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Power Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms. To explore and learn more, click [Register to View] target="_blank">here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career. Share your resume with us today!
- Managing Substation and Transmission line projects with budgets ranging from $10k to $500k
- Responsible for overall project performance as well as managing the scope, schedule, budget, and safety performance
- Ensures project costs, schedule and scope are managed, including the development of recovery plans, to stay within approved limits
- Driving work products by coordinating and working with Engineering Leads and Managers to track and execute client deliverables
- Development of financial controls reports to produce weekly/monthly reports for client and internal review (i.e. Financial Reports, Action Item Lists, Resource loading analysis and schedules, Meeting Minutes, etc.)
- Ensuring project costs, schedule and scope are managed, including the development of recovery plans, to stay within approved limits
- Interfacing directly with the client and internal management to report progress, costs, schedule and risks across a portfolio of distribution projects
- Interfacing and communicating with clients, internal project teams, multiple engineering disciplines, functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel
- Assist with the preparation of bid documents, development of requests for proposal responses and cost estimates
- Proposal development: including scope, schedule and budget development
- Writing comprehensive and technical project reports
- Monthly client invoicing and accounts receivable
- Creation and maintenance of client and office resource loaded schedules
What Sets You Apart:
- Bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines: Engineering, Construction Management, Business or Finance required with a minimum of two (2) + years of relevant Project Management experience
- Must have the capability for planning, organizing, directing, and tracking technical efforts on assigned tasks
- Experience with tracking cost and schedule status of projects
- Must have demonstrated success with a team approach to the consulting business
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with electric power industry and knowledge of business issues associated with power delivery services
- Periodic travel is required
You Might Also Have:
- PMP Certification is desired
- Experience with Primavera P6
- Experience with Workfront
- Substation and Transmission Line experience is a plus.
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.