Environmental Occupational Safety and Health Professional
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, [Register to View] target="_blank">Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our [Register to View] target="_blank">Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, safety, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The NISC program is seeking an Environmental, Occupational Safety, and Health Professional. This professional will provide support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Eastern Service Area (ESA) Environmental Occupational Safety and Health (EOSH) Program. In this position, the selected candidate will identify hazardous workplace conditions and take preliminary samples and measurements of hazardous forces and toxic substances. The employee will participate in development and implementation of policies and procedures to remove hazards and protect FAA employees. The employee will also be responsible for development and presentation of training courses to FAA employees which address various environmental and safety topics.
Other duties may include:
- Provide support to the FAA necessary to ensure that workplace conditions comply with applicable federal, state, and local occupational safety and health regulations, FAA Orders, and standard provisions of applicable FAA labor agreements,
- Work with FAA field personnel and FAA EOSH program officials to ensure that all required records are maintained.
- Conduct environmental and safety inspections or assist in the inspection of FAA facilities associated with environmental or safety program areas including inspections conducted by federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
- Investigate, prepare, and forward, as required, reports on injuries and fatalities.
- Assist FAA personnel in promoting a safety culture within the FAA workforce.
- Interact with federal and state agencies to ensure regulator EOSH compliance.
- Conduct employee training in environmental and safety program areas.
- Inspect Personal Proactive Equipment and Fall Protection Equipment.
- Conduct Radiation Surveys, Asbestos Assessments and environmental and industrial hygiene sampling.
- Inspect underground fuel storage tanks.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all Environmental, Safety and Health Matters in assigned areas.
- This is a full-time position that requires 25 percent travel.
- Requires BS and 2 to 4 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with less than 2 years of experience. Additional years of experience and/or industry certifications may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
- Strong Occupational Health & Safety background.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite
- Must be able to work, manage and maintain information stored in Knowledge Sharing Network (KSN) / SharePoint site(s).
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Must have the ability to lead a small team.
- Prior experience working for/with the FAA
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on [Register to View] target="_blank">LinkedIn and [Register to View] target="_blank">Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting [Register to View] target="_blank">External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “[Register to View] target="_blank">World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.