Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, [Register to View] target="_blank">Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our [Register to View] target="_blank">Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, safety, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The NISC program is seeking a Safety Engineer. This professional will provide support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Eastern Service Area (ESA) Environmental Occupational Safety and Health (EOSH) Program. In this position, the successful incumbent will take ownership of technical review for Safety Data Packages, Hazard Reports, Non-Compliance Reports, and other supporting data to assure that hazards and their consequences are identified, evaluated, and controlled throughout all phases of the mission and that Programmatic Safety requirements are met.
This position is responsible for analyzing safety packages for health and medical- related concerns and identifying discipline-specific issues which require the application of engineering knowledge from several different fields with relevant Subject Matter Experts. The Safety Engineer tracks and reports status of risk acceptance documentation to FAA customers and represents the company and / or customer in outside discussions and technical forums. The employee will also be responsible for development and presentation of training courses to FAA employees which address various Safety topics.
- Demonstrate commitment to a high standard of safety and ensure compliance with Safety, Health and Environmental plan by adhering to all safety laws and the Company’s safety policies.
- Report safety violations or potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel; make recommendations for corrective action.
- Participate in Safety Panel Reviews by engaging and contributing as an informed Panel member.
- Assure compliance with the Quality Assurance Plan, policies and procedures
to achieve established standards.
- Communicate explanation and defense of Health & Medical requirements and positions on pertinent subject matters.
- Review Safety Data Packages, presentations, Hazard Analyses, and other supporting data. Track, manage, and mitigate safety risks; report status at customer forums.
- Work with FAA stakeholders to communicate and / or elevate safety risks for collaboration on resolution.
- Participate in and provide recommendations for Safety process improvement efforts.
- Coordinate with Subject Matter Experts across FAA to accomplish identified objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Medical, or Life Sciences field and 4+ years of experience as a Safety professional
- Demonstrated knowledge of Safety Engineering and application of its principles
- Proactive, effective communicator and collaborator with the ability to engage in protracted technical discussions
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Prior experience working for/with the FAA
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on [Register to View] target="_blank">LinkedIn and [Register to View] target="_blank">Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting [Register to View] target="_blank">External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “[Register to View] target="_blank">World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 - $130,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.