Security Specialist with Security Clearance
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Intelligence Group uses a wide range of capabilities in Digital Modernization, Mission Software Systems, and enabling technologies like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to support our customers’ mission to defend against evolving threats around the world. Our team’s focus is ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving security landscape and succeed in their pursuit to protect people and critical assets.
Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of a Security Specialist to be a core member of the Intelligence Group. You will support cross-overs/reciprocity actions, Continuous Evaluation Program (CEP) reportable and the initiation of periodic reinvestigations and initial investigations. This position is contingent upon contract award.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collect, investigate, research, document, and forward to adjudications, all reportable information from employees and contractors within the IRTPA and DNI mandated timelines.
- Complete processing of all security reportable within 60 days of receipt (this includes monitoring the time it is within adjudications).
- Document, file, and maintain all actions in the PeopleSoft security system of record.
- Collect, investigate, research, document, and forward to adjudications, as applicable, all adjudicative relevant information received through automated records checks (ARC) and the continuous evaluation program (CEP) for employees and contractors, in the SISP mandated timelines.
- Follow-up as appropriate to ensure timely action on all Automated Record Checks (ARC) and CEP events.
- Document, file, and maintain all actions in the PeopleSoft security system of record. Prepare accurate and quality reports of investigation.
- Process quality applicant and employee background investigation initiations within seven days to meet IRTPA mandates.
- Process quality contractor e-nominations in 10 days or less in accordance with ICD 704, ICD 709, and ICPG 704.4 standards.
- Submit appropriate documentation to applicable databases to complete the National Agency Checks in less than 30 days.
- Prepare the Automated Records Check (T-1, T-3, T-3R, T-5, T-5R) report, as required, using the established template and place in ePSF, annotating action in the Investigations Module in PeopleSoft.
- Process contractor e-nomination crossover requests in two days or less and in accordance with ICD 704, ICD 709, and ICPG 704.4 standards.
- Identify any outstanding actions on a weekly basis to the government Team Lead.
What does Leidos need from me?
- Top Secret/SCI (TS/SCI) security clearance required.
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience in related security field with a minimum of three to five years to include two years within DoD/IC.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic environment that changes daily.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple chains of commands within a component/team.
Favorable if you have:
- Background in OPM Background Investigations or Adjudication; investigative experience; (i.e., personnel security, counterintelligence, or law enforcement) at the local, state, or federal levels; completion of the ICD-704 Adjudications Course, Security Fundamentals Security Certification (SFPC ) Certification, and strong interviewing skills.
Pay Range:Pay Range $48,750.00 - $75,000.00 - $101,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.