Flight Hardware Project Manager (NASA HHPC)
Leidos has an excellent opportunity for a Flight Hardware Project Manager to work on NASA's Human Health and Performance Contract (HHPC). This position provides project management and oversight to technical teams performing flight hardware development and certification. Projects involve crew health hardware supporting human spaceflight on Programs including Orion, Human Landing System (HLS), Gateway and International Space Station.
**This position is located on-site at The Johnson Space Center in Houston, TX.**
The Flight Hardware PM will lead projects through the full lifecycle, including: requirements and verification development, hardware design, hardware development and test, project and product reviews, and safety reviews. Typical job functions include: project planning, defining and maintaining project schedules, developing and managing project budgets, leading reviews, reviewing engineering drawings, reviewing requirements and verifications, conceptualizing methods of operations, reviewing trade studies and assessing design, and assessments of hardware options.
This role will perform integration across multiple engineering disciplines (systems engineering, project engineering, design and fabrication, test and integration) on a weekly basis. The successful incumbent will demonstrate the ability to allocate tasking, status technical / budget / schedule, manage risk, provide reporting, and presentations of findings.
US Citizenship or US Permanent Residency and the ability to successfully obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance are required.
• Drive all phases of the project: feasibility, design, procurement, assembly, integration, test, and sustainment.
• Lead technical team to complete deliverables / products on-time, within budget and with Quality oversight
• Develop, track, and manage project cost estimate, budget, statement of work, risk, and schedule for all projects assigned
• Review requirements and assess design against requirements. Complete internal collaboration, review, and integration of project development
• Deliver oral and written status to both contractor management and the NASA customer
• Perform execution, management, and collaboration of project procurement activities, including: preparation and negotiation of statement of work, change orders, and invoices with subcontractors and vendors
• Provide oversight, guidance and collaboration with HHPC internal stakeholders, external subcontractors and vendors to ensure project scope, budget, and schedule objectives are met
• Review plans, conduct investigations, and provide recommendations as necessary to assure compliance with established requirements, guidelines, and procedures
• Coordinate and facilitate meetings for assigned project with internal HHPC and external customer stakeholders
• Track, update, and provide recommendations for statement of work or budget changes to the task order manager
• Identify, manage, and communicate project risks and mitigation strategies
• Ensure compliance with Safety, Health, and Environmental plan, all safety laws, and the Company's safety policies
• Adhere to the established Quality Assurance plan, policies, and procedures
• Participate in ISO/CMMI/AS9100 Audits
• Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field with 5+ years of experience
• Project lead experience in a technical field (aerospace, mechanical) including hardware development and design
• Experience developing and managing project schedules and budgets
• Skilled in vendor negotiation and completing procurement activities
• Experience identifying risk and implementing mitigation strategies
• Proficiency in reading and interpreting engineering drawings
• Working knowledge of configuration and data management processes
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written
• Ability to collaborate across multiple disciplines and thrive in a dynamic work environment
• MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Experience with Flight Hardware Development processes as outlined in SA-014/EA-023
• Previous working experience supporting NASA Programs
• Experience with Human Systems Engineering, such as human factors and designing for the product end-user
• Cost Account Management experience, including reporting
• Familiarity with MS Project or similar tool
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.