IT Service Desk Technician
Leidos is hiring an IT Service Desk Technician in Clinton, MS. This position will support several customers within the Department of Justice. The successful candidate will be responsible for answering calls, logging the calls in the ticketing system, and providing the customers with rapid and accurate answers and information. This will require the individual to possess an IT background, to assist customers in troubleshooting and resolving problems. Support provided is governed by Service Level Agreements in place with the customer and include number of call responses, length of calls, etc. The ability to interface well with customers at various levels of seniority in a variety of different fields is essential to success in this position, as are excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Location: This position is 100% onsite in Clinton, MS. Please do not apply if you are looking for remote work.
Schedule: Our Service Desk operation is staffed 24x7x365. Shifts are 8.5 hours with a 30 minute lunch break and are distributed based on business needs. First, second and third shifts are available. Rotational work on holiday is required.
- Monday to Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm CST, for 4-6 weeks
- Must be able to adhere to this training schedule, even if assigned a second or third shift after training period.
- This is paid training
Clearance Information: Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security Clearance with the Department of Justice. Candidate will be expected to work on multiple teams and projects as business needs change.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Handle Tier 1 service desk escalations through tickets, chat, email, or phone
- Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution
- Create accounts and configure hardware as part of on-boarding process
- Support mobility devices
- Provides a single, identified point of contact for all Service Desk and change request services
- Updates and maintains Service Desk records in accordance with established support procedures
- Performs account password administration and processes new user account requests
- Develops, maintains, and executes standard Service Desk operating procedures
- Follows security requirements as requested by the Government Security Officer
- Monitors customer problems to ensure prompt, satisfactory service/resolution is being provided; if necessary call the user to update them on progress
- Processes standard change request (ITSM tickets) for Installations, Moves, Adds, and Changes (IMAC’s)
- Remain on queue and available to assist end users during specified shift, excluding approved breaks, lunches, or off queue time approved by your Manager, Supervisor, and/or Team Lead
- Manages the user’s expectations; provide information that will give details for a possible resolution or when they can expect to be contacted again
Required Education, Experience & Other:
- Must already have or be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security Clearance with the Department of Justice
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 1+ years of applicable work experience
- US Citizenship
- Ability to run reports
- Experience supporting Windows 10 and MS Office 365
- Must be able to pay close attention to details
- Must have the ability to adapt to changing work requirements, multiple tasks and priorities, and be able to exercise discretion.
- Strong analytical and follow through skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to coordinate and get cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments
- Ability to work well independently on defined tasks as well as part of a team
- Must be able to adhere to training schedule.
- Must be flexible with schedule, as business needs change. Rotational work on holidays is required.
- Experience with two-factor authentication, password resets, PIV setup, and device management
- Experience with VoIP and mobile phone activation and hardware and software requests
- Skilled in telework and virtual meeting environments
- Experience with HID and physical point of entry authentication systems
- Experience using IT ticketing systems (Remedy, ServiceNow, JIRA, etc)
- Experience with Active Directory and identity management systems, adding and modifying users, fulfilling user account requests, and troubleshooting
- Experience working on a Service Desk
Pay Range:Pay Range $27,300.00 - $42,000.00 - $56,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.