Community Planner &Engineer
Lead and execute comprehensive installation development planning including developing, maintaining, and updating base plans. Lead and coordinate off-base planning activities, the site planning process, and airfield planning. Lead development of base long range plans, coordinate on construction programs, and lead land utilization planning and coordination. Ensure plans are complete, accurate, current, and include composite constraints and opportunities, infrastructure, land use, transportation, Capital Improvements Program, Space Optimization Program, and other components, as mandated by regulations and higher headquarters guidance. Maintain and update base maps as required. Ensure that proposed projects, designs and work underway conforms to the Installation Master Plan. Other duties as assigned to meet customer and mission requirements.
- Coordinate, analyze, and prepare reports to base senior leadership and other organizations on all off-base actions that could affect the wing’s mission, real property, or other related activities.
- Investigates site conditions and performs constraints and opportunity analyses of proposed siting actions. Present siting recommendations.
- Manage and maintain the Installation Development Plan (IDP) and Area Development Plans (ADP).
- Prepares and coordinates waiver packages to airfield criteria for permanent and temporary obstructions and participates in base safety operational risk management assessments for all airfield waiver requests.
- Manages the base encroachment program, Air Installation Compatible Use Zone (AICUZ) and Installation Comprehensive Encroachment Management Action Plan (ICEMAP); works with contractors and USG personnel to develop related AICUZ and ICEMAP studies. Develops and executes specific program plans for facilities, environmental, dorms, infrastructure, traffic, and signage.
- Participates and hosts design charrettes and follow-on design reviews designed by outside A/Es. Controls project scope to remain within AF space standards and project programmed amount.
- Works with Maxwell AFB Civil Engineering staff in developing, maintaining and implementing appropriate comprehensive planning documents to optimize facility investments in support of installation mission requirements.
- Manage and execute the Facility Space Planning and Optimization program to promote efficient space use of facilities in compliance with AF Standards.
- Supports operations activity work order review process in reviewing CE work requests.