Information Assurance Engineer
Leidos is seeking an experience Information Assurance Engineer to support the SCARS Program as an Information System Security Officer (ISSO). The SCARS program helps the U.S. Air Force (USAF) develop a common architecture to integrate, standardize, and secure USAF aircraft training simulators used to develop highly skilled aircrew and operators.
Works with and learns from the Information System Security Manger (ISSM) and Cyber Security Team to accomplish the following:
- Analyzes and defines security requirements for multilevel security (MLS) systems.
- Conducts security audits.
- Generates, detailed, system-level, cybersecurity documentation.
- Supports the development and updating of System Operation Procedure (SOP) documents.
- Applies knowledge of IT Governance requirements, risk mitigation strategies, and encryption and decryption capabilities to establish secure solutions.
- Performs risk analysis, including risk assessment processes and procedures.
- Recommends information assurance/security solutions to support customers’ requirements.
- Performs analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures.
- Designs, develops, engineers, and implements solutions that meet security requirements.
- Provides integration and implementation of the computer system security solution.
- Analyzes general information assurance-related technical problems and provides basic engineering and technical support in solving these problems.
- Performs vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years of experience. Additional years of related experience will be acceptable in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- US citizenship and the ability to obtain at least a SECRET DoD clearance.
- CompTIA Security+ CE certification.
- Previous experience developing and maintaining Authorization to Operate (ATO) packages, to include supporting documentation and artifacts.
- Hands-on experience with the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) application or equivalent (e.g. Cyber Security Assessment and Management (CSAM) or Xacta).
- Familiarity with cybersecurity tools such as Trellix ePO, Tenable Nessus, and SIEM solutions.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Demonstrates strong work ethic, works well within a team, mission oriented, and takes personal pride in work.
- Ability to multi-task and function in a dynamic fast-paced environment independently or as part of team.
- CompTIA CASP+ CE certification.
- Prior experience working in and or with DoD environments.
- Prior, hands-on, experience utilizing DoD cybersecurity tools such as HBSS, ACAS, ConfigOS, and Splunk.
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 - $130,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.