Senior Windows Systems Administrator
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Unleash your potential at Leidos, where we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries. Leidos is seeking a Senior Windows Systems Administrator for a position as part of a team supporting the National Nuclear Security Administration in Las Vegas, NV. This is an onsite position, no full-time telework allowed. The Senior Windows Systems Administrator will support tasks on the contract related to the NNSA SOC Infrastructure.
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there, and at times need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. We combine our scale as a Fortune 500 company with the deep technical knowledge of our core capabilities and the expertise of our talented and diverse workforce to deliver mission-centric innovations. For each of these core capabilities, we have developed proven, repeatable processes that help us deliver agile, cost-effective solutions to foster a better world.
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Executes the daily activities of configuration and operation of business systems which may be mainframe, mini, or client/server based. Optimizes system operation and resource utilization, and performs system capacity analysis and planning.
- Provides assistance to users in accessing and using business systems.
- Installing hardware (if Government waiver is approved), installing virtual components as systems, installing servers, installing operating systems, installing software, uninstalling software, monitoring systems and processes, patching operating systems and software applications, installing network devices, configuring network devices, patching network devices, monitoring network devices, installing storage and database systems, patching storage and database systems, configuring and tuning system processes, and troubleshooting and resolving problems with the existing infrastructure.
- Supervise up to 8 people
What Sets You Apart:
- BA/BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience, add'l experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- TS or Q clearance
- US Citizenship
- IAT Level II
- Experience in system integrations testing through a full system development life cycle, including implementing test plans, test cases and test processes
- Working in an Agile project management environment
- Experience documenting test results for corrective actions, reporting and audits
- Expertise with Windows Server (2016, 2019, 2022) and Windows Desktop (10/11)
- Experience with Windows Patching and Package management
- Experience with Windows Server builds: virtual and physical
- Experience and strong understanding of Group Policy Objects, Active Directory, Windows PKI infrastructure, Storage, Remote Access Server, DNS, DHCP and User Profile Management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic with the ability to work well on a team and a self-starter who can work on their own
You Might Also Have:
- Knowledge of Atlassian software such as JIRA, JIRA Service Desk, and Confluence
- Experience with data engineering tools such as Kubernetes/Rancher, Cloudera
- Experience with Configuration Management Chef and IaC tools such as Salt or Ansible
- Experience with scripting languages, CI/CD tools, Elasticsearch, or Gitlab
- Experience working in an air-gapped environments
- Experience working in large computing environments (> 1,000 end-points)
- Experience maintaining AI/ML environments (NVIDIA hardware and software)
- Experience maintaining large data (Petabyte) environments and storage solutions
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.