Junior Software Engineer
The Applied Science Division of the Leidos Innovation Center has an immediate opening for a software engineer to join a collaborative supportive software team developing a wide range of systems in multiple domains. We specialize in developing advanced scientific systems, embedded systems, unattended ground sensors, and space payloads. Software domains include image processing, AI/ML, general purpose GPU programming, DSP, embedded software, real time programming, and all ranges of processing platforms.
This position is an exciting opportunity to learn multiple disciplines and domains. If you enjoy solving challenging technical problems in a dynamic and innovative environment working in a wide range of technical areas, this job in sunny San Diego is for you.
- SW development for any of a variety of programs.
- Participate in all phases of programs from detailed requirements flow down, trade studies, processing architecture design, hardware selection, firmware and software development, integration and test.
- Collaborate with scientists, subject matter experts, software engineers, hardware engineers and FPGA designers
- Produce presentations and participate in working groups
- Bachelor's Degree in Software or Computer Engineering and 2-4 years’ experience or a Masters degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to code in C, C++
- Hands on experience working with a variety of hardware and platforms.
- Proficiency in basic lab tools such as scopes and logic analyzers.
- Experience is source code control, bug tracking, task management tools.
- Strong analytical skills
- Motivated self-starter able to work under minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in small engineering teams.
- Experience with adaptive signal processing and applied math.
- Experience implementing interfaces such as SPI, I2C, UART
- Experience with embedded C and RTOS’s
- Experience with Python.
- Have or be willing to obtain a Top Secret clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.