Security Operations Technical Manager / Deputy PM
Leidos is seeking an experienced Security Operations Center (SOC) Technical Manager and Deputy Program Manager to support a federal customer within the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Network Operations Security Center (NOSC).
- Supervise and Manage day-to-day operations within the Security Operations Center in support of the Government Customer
- Manage and conduct hands-on technical analysis as a supplement to the Incident Response and Forensics Teams during high-visibility or high-workload investigations
- Guide and mentor multiple team-leads in functional areas including Cyber Engineering, Vulnerability Analysis, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Penetration Testing, Digital Forensics, Monitoring, Detection, Analysis, and Incident Response.
- Suggest and implement controls for key information security gaps within the customer security stack
- Conduct and maintain detailed gap analysis of customer capabilities
- Develop and maintain risk registers articulating cybersecurity risk across the FEMA enterprise
- Articulate daily challenges to the Government NOSC Chief to support the Security Operations development and growth
- Manage 24x7 operations personnel and shift coverage
- Serves as a contractual “Task Lead” with supervisory responsibilities
- Conduct weekly task meetings to ensure compliance with contractual task requirements
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related field and 12 years of prior relevant experience
- Military experience and training may be considered in lieu of degree
- Active Advanced cybersecurity certification(s): CISSP and PMP Required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an operations/technical lead on similar projects (operations centers considered a plus)
- Minimum 7 years of experience in technical cybersecurity roles (can be concurrent with previous)
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization and meeting with stakeholders to formulate, review, and execute task plans and deliverable items
- Experience presenting briefings to senior customer management, customer stakeholders, and company management
- Experience managing 24x7 shift schedules
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Must have active PMP or CISSP certifications to be considered.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Technical (hands-on) experience with Cybersecurity Incident Handling, Malware Analysis, Security Monitoring, Cybersecurity Compliance, Cybersecurity Risk assessments, and technical procedure documentation
- Direct project and/or program management experience
- Experience with Cybersecurity Services Program (CSP) Audit
- Experience managing a technical team in an operational environment (SOC considered a plus)
- Experience in network and cyber security design, engineering and operations
- Experience with Service Desk support and operations
- Experience with NIST SP 800 series or ISO 27000 series documents for information security management and risk assessment
- Understanding of DevOps/Agile concepts and processes
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $213,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.