Deputy Implementation Lead
Deputy Implementation Lead - Lightning and Surge Protection, Grounding, Bonding and Shielding (LPGBS)
Leidos’ NISC IV Program (National Airspace System Integration Support Contract) is one of the largest and oldest programs supporting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and we have an exciting career opportunity for a Deputy Implementation Lead - LPGBS.
Deputy Lead Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide engineering consultation for compliance with FAA and industry standards and best practices and provide recommendations for solutions in all phases of the system’s lifecycle including: contract, policy, site survey, design and design review, and implementation.
- Work closely with the Lead Lightning and Surge Protection, Grounding, Bonding and Shielding (LPGBS) team lead.
- Assist with interface with government clients and build strong client relationship.
- Participate in the development, administration, management, logistic, and strategy of project planning and implementation.
- Independently review engineering drawings and design package.
- Lead team members to perform site survey, develop reports and scope of work, as well as coherent drawing packages.
- Implement consistent quality control process.
Deputy Lead Required Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college and 4+ years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree and 2+ years of relevant experience. Additional relevant experience may be used in lieu of degree.
- Supervisory or managerial role of 4+ years.
- Registered Professional Engineer license or Journeyman electrical license.
- Experience or familiarity with some or all of the following: short circuit coordination, arc flash studies, engine generator, UPS, grounding, and lightning protection.
- Familiarity with IEC, IEEE, UL, NFPA, NEC, and other industry standards related to electrical engineering and lightning protection and grounding systems.
- Knowledge and direct work experience in power system and lightning protection.
- Knowledge of FAA-STD-019 version F.
- Knowledge of FAA/DoD systems, technical policies, standards and orders.
- Knowledge of FAA LPGBS and subsystems
- Ability to work with other engineers in a multidisciplinary engineering disciplines such as power systems, communications, RF, analog and digital systems.
- Strong verbal communication and writing skills exhibited through project report, proposal or contract writing. Sample of writing may be requested.
Deputy Lead Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of national/international/government standards and orders to include: NEC, grounding, lightning protection, to include NFPA 780 and FAA-STD-019. Familiarity with FAA NAS systems.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges through science and technology.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $141,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.