Information System Security Officer
Leidos currently has an opening for an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) to work at our Greenwood Village, CO location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience and skillset to support an important, critical program. The selected candidate will act as an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) for a complex information system (Network/Workstation/Server) and support systems integration and life cycle support, network engineering, and information systems security (ISS). The ISSO will work with other security professionals in developing and implementing strategies to detect and mitigate threats to information systems, protect critical data sets, and provide assessments of system and network vulnerabilities. She/he will analyze threats and develop and implement best practices methodologies for incident detection, reporting, and vulnerability remediation. Candidate must have an active Top Secret security clearance with current SCI eligibility.
- Provide support for implementing and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.
- Assist in the evaluation of security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
- Assist with the CM for information system security software, hardware, and firmware.
- Maintain records on workstations, servers, routers, firewalls, and network switches.
- Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
- Maintain operational security posture for an information system or program.
- Provide support to the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) for maintaining the appropriate operational IA posture for a system, program, or enclave.
- Develop and maintain system security plans and other IA documentation for Assessment & Authorization (A&A) in accordance with DIA, DISA and DCSA policies.
- Administer the user identification and authentication mechanisms of the Information System (IS).
- Document compliance actions within the approved automated compliance tracking system or develop a plan of actions and milestones (POA&M) with the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) to address non-compliance in the allotted time frame.
- Auditing and Continuous Monitoring (ConMon) of the IS.
- Perform Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) checks/validation.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least 4 years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a degree.
- IAT II certification and relevant Computing Environment (CE) training as defined in DoDM 8570
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with at least one of the following (preferably more): current security tools (ACAS, Nessus, SCAP Scan, etc); hardware/software security implementation; communication protocols; encryption techniques/tools.
- Experience completing security evaluations of software systems or architectures to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
- Experience preparing and maintaining SSP or security related documentation.
- Experience proposing, coordinating, implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience performing day-today security operations of complicated information and information processing systems.
- Experience with Cisco IOS, IP routing protocols, long haul communication transport, and network test equipment
- Must be committed to developing and adhering to best practices.
- Must be a solutions-oriented team player and must possess a high level of self-initiative.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Advanced experience with networking devices.
- Ability to understand information systems equipment configurations (switches, routers, IDS/IPS, firewalls, and/or servers).
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with current security tools, hardware/software security implementation, communication protocols, and encryption techniques/tools.
- Experience with DCSA eMASS to include obtaining/maintaining system ATOs.
- Knowledge of or experience working with DCSA and the DAAPM.
- Experience working in IC or DOD environments.
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,250.00 - $146,875.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:01/03/2024
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.