Database Administrator w/ Polygraph
Database Administrator (DBA) Skill Level 1
Maintains the integrity, security and availability of multiple database(s). Duties include disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data. Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database. Evaluates and recommends available database management system (DBMS) products. Performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements. Performs Oracle, SQL Server and SYBASE Database and Application server administration. Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes.
The Level 1 Database Administrator (DBA) shall possess the following capabilities:
· Maintain the integrity, security, and availability of database(s)
· Administer, maintain, and Implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s)
· Organize and format data for efficient query and storage processes
· Establish and maintain database user accounts
· Perform disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data
· Develop policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s)
· Evaluate requirements and recommends available DBMS products
· Perform database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability
· Provide server administration with a variety of database products that include Oracle, SQL Server, and SYBASE
· Support data modeling activities by way of prototype database implementations
Qualifications: Five (5) years’ experience as a DBA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional DBA experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Contractor shall currently possess and maintain the following certification:
· Microsoft Technology Associate-Database (MTA-DB) or;
· Microsoft Certified IT Professional – MS SQL Server (Database Administrator 2008) or;
· IBM CASA Lotus Notes/Domino (LND)
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.