Maintenance - Electrician (Cathodic Protection)
Responsible for the inspection, maintenance, and repair of fuel infrastructure cathodic protection systems (FICPS) in accordance with the performance work statement. The qualified candidate will work with a team of government and contractor engineers and technicians.Works with other Technicians and provides support to maintenance team. This position subject to CBA.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Major Job Activities:
- Performs service call maintenance and repair (M&R) for fuels and cathodic systems daily and M&R for underground pipeline and tanks annually.
- Shall accomplish inspection and status reports with diagnosis, estimated timeline for repair actions and list of required parts upon discovery of deficiency.
- Shall be capable of installing a Rectifier and performing corrosion control.
- Shall maintain and adhere to applicable technical orders and good commercial practices for all maintenance actions to include coordination of work, requesting parts, receiving parts, installing, troubleshooting, testing, and repairing equipment or systems.
- Shall provide written reports after the completions of all inspections, maintenance, repairs, tests, and certifications of each system or component.
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a high paced environment. Work with a sense of urgency to complete tasks safely, effectively and efficiently.
- Responsible for following a comprehensive quality and safety program in compliance with Vectrus, OSHA and United States Air Force (USAF) requirements.
- Responsible for following a comprehensive, flexible, and properly documented training program.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean, sanitary, healthy, presentable, professional atmosphere, free of dust, clutter and trash in all working facilities and areas.
- Responsible for proper utilization and safeguarding of all government and contractor provided property (e.g., to include government facilities, equipment and tools).
- Responsible for precise execution of company time reporting procedures and accurate completion of timesheet.
Material & Equipment Directly Used:
Hand tools, specialty tools, gauges, electronic devices/meters, jigs, alignment devices and web based computer maintenance and inventory programs Steel Toe shoes are required. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in certain areas while work is being conducted. Such PPE includes, but is not limited to: Face Mask, head, foot, hand, vision and hearing protective devices. Periodic use of computer systems and multi-function devices (MFD).
Work is generally conducted in a shop environment or other facilities and warehouses, hangars, and buildings. However, duties may involve the conduct of work in the outdoors.
Must be able to climb up and down ladders and stairs, as well as bend, twist, and squad for prolonged periods. Must be able to pull, push and lift up to 50 pounds. Function in conditions of inclement weather and working in confined spaces and at heights. Work requires stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolong sitting and occasional working in cramped and awkward position.
Education / Certifications:
- High School Diploma required. Associate degree or vocational training preferred.
- Must possess cathodic protection certification IAW National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE).
- Must have a valid U.S. Driver’s License and able to drive with a manual transmission.
- Must be able to pass a flight line access test and obtain flight line access badge.
- Candidates must successfully complete both online and hands on CBRN (chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear) defense training; training includes the successful fit testing of DoD provided protective gear.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- Active Secret Clearance.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in bulk fuel storage and cathodic protection system maintenance and repair.
- Must have an excellent understanding of all safety directives and polices regarding the operation of electronic equipment.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft programs such as Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point.
- Fluent in English with good verbal, reading and writing skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
- Exercise discretion and good sound judgment.
- Able and willing to work periods of long hours to meet mission requirements.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.