Carpenter - Roofer
Works directly with other carpenters and roofers. Reports to the Supervisor of the shop and functions under general direction.The position provides support to the Facilities Maintenance Section to meet the requirements of the Tinker Airforce base contract by performing maintenance, repair, or replacing roofing and components. Accomplishes other tasks as required to ensure effective contractor civil engineering services customer support to Tinker AFB. Responsible to perform all assigned duties as safely and efficiently as possible to maintain a safe work environment. Responds to emergency repair calls to restore operations upon notice during regular hours or after duty on-call hours.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Major Job Activities:
- Maintaining, replacing, and repairing roofing items.
- Accomplishes periodic inspections, recurring maintenance requirements and associated documentation.
- Maintaining, replacing, and repairing carpentry items.
- Maintaining, replacing, and repairing other facility items.
- Perform other duties as assigned in accordance with contractual, functional and mission requirements.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Hand tools, saws, pneumatic tools, and other woodworking and shop tools.
Work is generally conducted in a shop environment. However, duties may involve the conduct of work in the out-of-doors area with a potential exposure to climatic conditions. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required is certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices.
Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published Company work rules.
Work will require lifting up to 50 lbs.; stooping; climbing; prolonged standing; prolonged sitting; and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents.
Education / Certifications:
- Associates Degree and one-year experience preferred or High School Diploma and five years additional education and/or experience.
- Must have a valid State Driver’s License.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- Active Secret Clearance.
- Five (5) years' roofing, maintenance or construction environment.
- Strong knowledge of hand tools, roofing, construction and maintenance techniques, and safety procedures.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.