Secondary Career Center Health Professions Faculty
Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position:Faculty - Non-Tenure
University of Arkansas Community College at Hope - Texarkana
The University of Arkansas Community College at Hope-Texarkana (UACCHT) is a proud member of the University of Arkansas System. The University of Arkansas System is comprised of land-grant research institutions, a teaching hospital, five community colleges, two schools of law, a presidential school, a residential math and science high school, and an online university, as well as divisions of agriculture, archaeology and criminal justice. These entities exhibit unmatched economic and social impact across the state by providing numerous academic and professional opportunities. Below you will find the details for the position currently available at UACCHT including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the hiring process please submit a request via Email to: Kathryn.Hopkins@uaht.edu or by phone at [Register to View] or (870) 722-8297. Applicants are required to submit a separate request for each position in which they have applied.
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at Kathryn.Hopkins@uaht.edu or by phone at [Register to View] or [Register to View] .
Instructor for Full Time Health Professions for the Texarkana Secondary Career Center.
Summary of Job Duties:
Faculty shall be responsible to their dean and the Vice Chancellor for Academics and have the following duties:
• To be concerned with all things involving teaching and student learning and to provide instruction in accordance with the stated philosophy and objectives of the College and in accordance with the established and approved course outlines.
• To provide assessment of student learning in his/hers classes and to use this assessment to improve instruction.
• To acquaint all students with course requirements, including how grades are to be determined, during the first week of class and provide student with periodic evaluations of his/her progress.
• To meet classes as scheduled; follow appropriate course syllabi; and attend faculty, committee, and division meetings.
• To prepare thoroughly for each class period.
• To display professional mannerisms in conduct and appearance whether teaching day or evening classes.
• To hold ten office hours per week for student consultation and post the hours so that students can easily know them.
• To serve as an advisor to students majoring in the instructor’s teaching discipline or an assigned area.
• To maintain accurate class rolls and attendance records of students enrolled in their classes and submit required reports to Student Services.
• To emphasize to all classes the importance of prompt, regular, and continuous class attendance.
• To submit the names of all students who may need scholastic counseling and/or personal counseling to the Vice Chancellor for Student Services.
• To prepare and submit to the Enrollment Services office at the close of each grade report period the grade of each student enrolled in their classes.
• To accept registration duty assignments from the administration.
• To submit curriculum changes or new curriculum to the dean for review on a timely basis.
• To recommend textbook changes in consultation with the dean.
• To serve as a faculty advisor and/or sponsor to student organizations when requested to do so.
• To report all irregularities, questions, or problems concerning instruction to the dean and/or the Vice Chancellor for Academics.
• To participate in commencement exercises in academic dress, unless previously excused by the Vice Chancellor for Academics.
• To maintain current credentials on file with the Vice Chancellor for Academics and in the Office of Human Resources.
• To abide by the regulations in the Policies and Procedures Manual.
• To attend and support the activities of the College.
• To participate in professional activities in order to stay current in their disciplines.
• To assume special duties as assigned by the Vice Chancellor for Academics or his/her designated representative.
Minimum Qualifications: Registered Nurse. Associate Degree
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor Degree. Previous teaching experience is preferred.
Cover Letter/Letter of Application, List of three Professional References (name, email, business title), Resume, Unofficial/Official Transcript(s)
Required Documents to Apply:
Recruitment Contact Information:
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View]
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Criminal Background Check
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
The University of Arkansas Community College at Hope-Texarkana (UACCHT) is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check, sex offender registry check, and drug screen. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check and/or a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.