Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position:Adjunct Faculty
Less than Annual Appointment
University of Arkansas at Monticello
UAM, one of twenty campuses of the University of Arkansas System, is located in southeastern Arkansas in the beautiful timberlands, rich in outdoor recreation activities, and approximately 100 miles south of Little Rock. UAM is a comprehensive, residential and commuter, undergraduate institution also offering selected master’s degree programs.
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the hiring process please submit a request via the OEOC website: Applicants are required to submit a request for each position to which they have applied.
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at [Register to View] .
• Supervise, advise, train and evaluate a Resident Assistant staff, including personal and professional development of Resident Assistants and creating a sense of team and camaraderie.
Summary of Job Duties:
• Ensure that Resident Assistants are appropriately confronting and documenting any issues that may arise, and that duty procedures are followed.
• Conduct building staff meetings to discuss hall concerns, exchange information with the residence hall staff, and to conduct staff training and team building exercises.
• Develop a positive and engaging living environment within the building, focusing on UAM’s core values (ethic of care, professionalism, collaboration, evidence-based decision making, and diversity).
• Become familiar with available resources on campus and be able to communicate those resources to residents.
• Assist with the closing and opening of residence halls each term.
• Serve on the duty/on-call rotation.
• Assist with all aspects of the room selection process with StarRez program.
• Track and maintain all residential facility keys.
• The Resident Director is responsible for adhering to all policies and regulations set by the University and the Office of Residence Life.
• Fulfill other general duties as assigned by the Office of Residence Life.
Bachelor’s degree required. Applicants must be admitted or eligible for admission into an approved graduate program of study and must be enrolled in classes or planning to enroll for Fall 2021. Experience and familiarity with residential life is preferred. Applicant must possess skills to form and maintain positive relationships with a broad range of individuals and have a commitment to treating all members of the community with respect. A background check will be completed on the successful candidate.
Cover Letter/Letter of Application, List of three Professional References (name, email, business title), Resume, Unofficial/Official Transcript(s)
Required Documents to Apply:
Michael Davila, Dean of Students, email@example.com
Recruitment Contact Information:
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
The University of Arkansas is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to race/color, sex, gender, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.
Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.