Software Support Analyst
Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position:Professional Staff - Project/Program Administration
Institution Name: University of Arkansas Pulaski Technical College
University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College at North Little Rock is an integral part of the Arkansas Technical and Community College System maintained by the State of Arkansas. The college is governed by the University of Arkansas System Board of Trustees and a seven-member Board of Visitors and derives its support largely from student tuition and fees and legislative appropriations.
UA - Pulaski Tech, a comprehensive two-year college, offers associate degree and certificate programs for students who plan to transfer to four-year colleges and universities and/or for career preparation and advancement. Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at [Register to View] .
Summary of Job Duties:The Software Support Analyst is responsible for developing and implementing applications programs/systems, writing maintenance and enhancement programs, and providing technical assistance to staff. This position will work closely with the administrative business units of the College to develop and maintain appropriate programs for ongoing staff efficiencies, staff development, and student success.
• Designs system by developing general design and system flow charts, formatting screens and reports, establishing data base requirements and file structures, and writing detailed program specifications.
• Codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs, and implements programs/systems.
• Participates in evaluating user requests to determine project feasibility and impact on current systems.
• Writes test scripts, test files, and runs programs to determine if user needs are met.
• Writes documentation and runs books to assure consistent system usage.
• Provides technical assistance and/or training to college stake holders, other departmental personnel, and users concerning system usage and development.
• Researches problems and corrects system errors.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
• Knowledge of current computer languages and their respective programming techniques.
• Knowledge of applicable data processing technical standards, documentation procedures, and testing/debugging techniques.
• Ability to think through a logical sequence of necessary events, in terms of computer language, to produce a desired end product.
• Ability to devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
• Ability to develop, implement, maintain, and enhance diverse programs.
• Ability to prepare project plans and program test scripts.
The formal education equivalent of a bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related field; plus two years of experience in programming and/or system analysis, OR Completion of technical training in software, data processing, or a related field acquired from a vocational, military, or industrial setting plus four years of experience in software support including one year in a leadership capacity.
OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE DIRECTOR OF SYSTEMS PROGRAMMING AND DATABASE SERVICES AND THE INTERVIEW COMMITTEE.
Cover Letter/Letter of Application, List of three Professional References (name, email, business title), Resume, Unofficial/Official Transcript(s)
Required Documents to Apply:
Recruitment Contact Information:
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View]
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College is committed to providing a safe campus community. Title IX protects the college community from sexual harassment in a school's education programs and activities. This means that Title IX protects the college community in connection with all academic, educational, extracurricular, athletic, and other programs of the school, whether those programs take place in a school's facilities, in college transportation, at a class or training program sponsored by the school at another location, or elsewhere.
No person at the University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College will, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied benefit of, or be subjected to sex discrimination, sexual harassment, or sexual misconduct under any education program or activity.
We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Constant Physical Activity:
Frequent Physical Activity:
Occasional Physical Activity: