Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position:Professional Staff - Student Affairs
Institution Name: University of Arkansas Community College at Hope - Texarkana
The University of Arkansas Community College at Hope-Texarkana (UACCHT) is a proud member of the University of Arkansas System. The University of Arkansas System is comprised of land-grant research institutions, a teaching hospital, five community colleges, two schools of law, a presidential school, a residential math and science high school, and an online university, as well as divisions of agriculture, archaeology and criminal justice. These entities exhibit unmatched economic and social impact across the state by providing numerous academic and professional opportunities. Below you will find the details for the position currently available at UACCHT including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the hiring process please submit a request via Email to: Kathryn.Hopkins@uaht.edu or by phone at [Register to View] or (870) 722-8297. Applicants are required to submit a separate request for each position in which they have applied.
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at Kathryn.Hopkins@uaht.edu or by phone at [Register to View] or [Register to View] .
Summary of Job Duties:The Enrollment Specialist works as a member of the Student Services division reporting to the Dean of Enrollment Management. This position serves as the primary college recruiter and coordinates student recruitment efforts with other student services offices, instructional divisions and the College Relations and Marketing office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Works directly with the Dean of Enrollment Management and the Director of Student Relations in coordinating and implementing the student recruitment activities of the College
2. Maintains effective contacts with area high school counselors, teachers, principals, and prospective students, serving as an information liaison between the College and these persons
3. Coordinates the College’s program of high school visitation and coordinates the College’s representation at all major career days and college nights scheduled by area high schools and other groups within the College’s 26 high school service area
4. Assists prospective students by providing admissions counseling, including applications for admission and financial aid, and other admission areas as they arise
5. Assists advisors with student advisement for undecided majors and/or students who are required to take academic skills courses in preparation for college-level course work
6. Arranges and/or conducts campus tours for prospective students
7. Maintains an accurate record-keeping system of all recruiting activities and efforts for use in evaluating on-going recruiting programs
8. Works cooperatively with other staff members in Student Services, especially the Enrollment Management, Student Relations, Registrar, and Financial Aid offices, and the instructional divisions who are involved in student recruitment
9. Assists in the planning and implementation of Freshman Orientation
10. Serves on College committees as requested by the Dean of Enrollment Management or Vice Chancellor for Student Services.
11. Performs other duties that are deemed necessary by the Dean of Enrollment Management, Vice Chancellor for Student Services or the Chancellor
Ability to speak Spanish a plus
Ability to be creative in the development of innovative methods of contacting and developing rapport with students
Previous experience with the POISE administrative software package a plus
Excellent computer skills required with strong background in Microsoft Office applications
Exceptional interpersonal skills with a strong background in written and oral communications
Exhibits qualities essential to being a team player
Committed to providing exceptional service to students, staff, other educational entities and the public
Must be able to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and occasionally on weekends
Must hold a valid driver’s license and be eligible to drive a College vehicle
Cover Letter/Letter of Application, Letters of Recommendation, List of three Professional References (name, email, business title), Resume, Unofficial/Official Transcript(s)
Required Documents to Apply:
Recruitment Contact Information:
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View]
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:Criminal Background Check
The University of Arkansas Community College at Hope-Texarkana (UACCHT) is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check, sex offender registry check, and drug screen. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check and/or a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Constant Physical Activity:Driving, Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding, Standing
Frequent Physical Activity:Talking, Walking
Occasional Physical Activity:Hearing