Director of Marketing and Public Relations
Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position:Management - External Affairs
Day Shift (United States of America)
University of Arkansas at Monticello
UAM, one of twenty campuses of the University of Arkansas System, is located in southeastern Arkansas in the beautiful timberlands, rich in outdoor recreation activities, and approximately 100 miles south of Little Rock. UAM is a comprehensive, residential and commuter, undergraduate institution also offering selected master’s degree programs.
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the hiring process please submit a request via the OEOC website: Applicants are required to submit a request for each position to which they have applied.
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at [Register to View] .
Advancement Univ Relations
Specific duties of the position include the following:
Summary of Job Duties:
• Writing and disseminating all news releases and feature articles dealing with all facets of the university with the exception of intercollegiate athletics;
• Post news releases, features and photos to the UAM website and provide photos as needed for all areas of the website;
• Overseeing the design and writing all printed materials for off-campus audiences, including recruiting materials for the Office of Admissions, academic unit brochures, and fund-raising materials for the Office of Advancement;
• Design and creation of print, radio, digital and outdoor advertising;
• Working with outside vendors to create television and digital commercials;
• Writing, directing and editing videos spotlighting various events and individuals, including the Distinguished Alumnus;
• Administer and manage the UAM social media presence on both Facebook, Instragram, and Twitter;
• Design, write, and photograph UAM Magazine, published two times yearly as the official publication of the UAM Alumni Association;
• Take photos both on campus and at university-sponsored events off campus and maintaining a library of photographs for use with news releases and features as well as advertising and other printed materials;
• Advise senior administration officials regarding public relations opportunities, challenges and problems, working with the administration to manage crisis situations while serving as the university's voice to the media and public;
• Provide other assistance as needed regarding external communications and university-sponsored events;
• Create and execute UAM’s marketing plan; and
• Ensure that all departments and schools are adhering to UAM’s branding guidelines.
Minimum qualifications include a baccalaureate degree; plus 3 years of experience in marketing, public relations, media relations or journalism.
Cover Letter/Letter of Application, List of three Professional References (name, email, business title), Resume
Required Documents to Apply:
Jaime Macklin, Project Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Contact Information:
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View]
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
The University of Arkansas is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to race/color, sex, gender, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.
Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.