Student Financials Analyst
Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position:Professional Staff - Project/Program Administration
University of Arkansas System
Since its inception, the University of Arkansas System has developed a tradition of excellence that includes the state’s 1871 flagship, land-grant research university; Arkansas’s premier institution for medical education, treatment and research; a major metropolitan university; an 1890 land-grant university; two regional universities serving southern and western Arkansas; five community colleges; two schools of law; a presidential school; a residential math and science high school; a 100 percent-online university and divisions of agriculture, archeology and criminal justice. The individual entities of the UA System maintain cooperative strength as well as diverse offerings that exhibit unmatched economic and social impact to the state.
The UA System provides communities in Arkansas with access to academic and professional opportunities, develops intellectual growth and cultural awareness in its students and provides knowledge and research skills to an ever-changing society. The system enrolls more than 60,000 students, employs over 17,000 employees, and has a total budget of over $2 billion. An intrinsic part of the texture and fabric of Arkansas, the UA System is a driving force in the state’s economic, educational and cultural advancement.
Workday Student - Student Financials
This position functions as the Student Financials Analyst on the Workday Student implementation team. Reporting to the Student Financials Management Functional Lead, the Student Financials Analyst will complete hands-on functional and technical project activities and provide guidance to System resources. This position will demonstrate and explain key product features, document requirements and design, provide knowledge transfer to the project team, configure the corresponding functionality and assist in testing and support roll-out.
Summary of Job Duties:
* The educational equivalent of Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education
* At least one year of experience working in student accounts, financials or related area of higher education
* Must be able to work collaboratively and travel throughout the State to various UA campuses on an average of once a week as needed
* Significant experience in assessing, revising, implementing and supporting student accounts and institutional finance business processes
* Experience with change management related to student accounts and finance aspects of ERP systems or other large enterprise system deployments
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of the process being transformed and an understanding of how the process/system integrates with other processes and initiatives
* Strong presentation, oral, and written communication skills
* Strong organizational and task management skills
* Solid analytical skills
* Effective management and team skills
* Ability to make decisions at the project team level and properly escalate those decisions that cannot be resolved on a timely basis
* Ability to structure work efficiently
* Ability to provide direction and use interpersonal influences to gain goal alignments with results versus activity-oriented outcomes
Commensurate with education and experience
Cover Letter/Letter of Application, List of three Professional References (name, email, business title), Resume
Required Documents to Apply:
Proof of Veteran Status
Dr. Marla Strecker, Student Lead (email@example.com)
Recruitment Contact Information:
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View]
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
The University of Arkansas is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.