Dust Testing Technician
***WTSS Contract/Contract to Hire Opportunity***
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports reputable organizations across multiple industries? At WECTEC Staffing Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Westinghouse Electric Company LLC, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
WECTEC Staffing is currently seeking a motivated and team-oriented Dust Testing Technician at our Westinghouse location in Burr Ridge, Illinois, approximately 20 miles southwest of downtown Chicago. We are dedicated to nuclear reactor safety and chemical reactor safety, and our staff are known for their innovations related to the prevention and accommodation of chemical and nuclear plant accidents. The services they provide reflect the skill and knowledge of a group of individuals dedicated to providing the best means of protecting mankind and the environment. A specific area of focus for us is combustible dust testing. This department focuses on testing various materials (i.e. agricultural, metal, pharmaceutical, and fine chemicals) to obtain explosion characteristics. These data points aid our customers in implementing explosion protection and other safeguards within the facility.
What your day-to-day looks like:
- Work in a team-oriented and safety conscious environment;
- Safely perform laboratory tests to a variety of different combustible dust standards;
- Safely perform experiments using laboratory equipment to gather data for materials;
- Document experimental results;
- Collaborate with engineers on experimental design;
- Maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation, which includes but is not limited to: troubleshooting, conducting preventative maintenance, performing calibrations, and minor repairs.
What we Require from the Right Candidate:
- College coursework or degree in engineering or chemistry preferred; high school diploma or equivalent required;
- Lab experience strongly preferred;
- Comfortable working with chemicals that require personal protective equipment and careful lab practices;
- Capable of medium work that includes moving objects up to 50 pounds;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong attention to details;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision most of the time;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Must be able to follow written direction and maintain a good laboratory notebook;
- Previous experience with industry standards (e.g. ASTM, ISO, IEC, NFPA, etc.) preferred.
Our Safety Pledge to You:
If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then this is the position for you! For us, our guiding principle has always been and will continue to be the safety of our people. It’s that simple!
Why WECTEC Staffing Services?
Through the ever changing and rapidly evolving contract labor market we continue to employ experienced, highly motivated, and qualified employees with proven track records to meet our clients’ needs. We have expanded our scope of services outside of the nuclear industry to include international contracts in more than five countries. Our dedicated employees range in expertise from highly specialized technical niche positions to corporate function positions and we want YOU to be a part of our impressive talent network!
Additionally, WECTEC Staffing Services offers competitive pay as well as benefits to qualifying positions. To learn more about us visit [Register to View] /">[Register to View]
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability