IT Manager - Transmission & Distribution
PSEG Company: PSEG Long Island
Salary Range: $ 121,300 - $ 242,600
Incentive: PIP 20%
Work Location Category: Remote Local
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
Consistent with our core commitment of safety, PSEG has made the decision to require all new hires to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated as a condition of hire. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a disability can request a reasonable accommodation.
This position is a direct report to the PSEGLI IT Director of Operational Technology. This key leadership role is responsible for the planning, delivery and operation of product features and technology solutions aligned with the Transmission & Distribution Engineering and Operations business areas. Knowledge of Distribution SCADA, Outage Management and Restoration, Transmission EMS, and NERC CIP is preferred. Responsibilities will include: gathering and prioritizing business requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with business units to ensure business goals are met.
• Provide leadership, oversight and guidance on Product design and development. Serve as an expert on product capabilities. Develop execution plan and ensure that commitments are met per expectation.
• Align and support with strategic direction of broader IT organization. Own the strategic vision/plans/roadmap and identify key innovative technologies and product enhancements that improves customer experience and simplify current landscape.
• Responsible for establishing strong partnerships with business leaders. Work with vendors to set clear expectation which includes negotiating agreements, establishing service level agreements, and ensuring contracts are in place to support the product need.
• Facilitate and coordinate external benchmarking/best practice efforts and relationships with external knowledge management organizations.
• Prepare and manage budget and finances for products owned including preparation of funding needs and associated business case development. Identify areas to reduce cost.
• Lead team of IT associates. Responsible attracting talent, performance evaluation, career development, coaching and counseling and manage compensation
Job Specific Qualifications
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business related field
• 9+ years of relevant experience within the information technology field or an industry with reliance on technical expertise
• Sound expertise in product/program management for large enterprise scale projects. (ERP)
• Sound expertise in technology resource management, job positions, career paths, recruiting, and compensation
• Ability to proactively communicate technical topics in a clear, succinct, and relevant way
• Proven experience in managing program budgets and technology cost centers in large corporate environments to ensure corporate targets are met.
• Technology procurement & technology financial operations experience ensuring vendor contracts support business and corporate needs
• Proficient in working with business areas to understand needs/requirements with an ability to provide innovative solutions
• Technically knowledgeable with the ability to assess solutions for current and future needs across organizations
• Proven experience with leading teams on the implementation and enhancements of Energy Efficiency technologies, and/or cloud technologies.
• Track record as an innovator and agent leading organizations and people through change
• Proven experience in long term planning including building roadmaps and program planning
• Digital acumen
• Strong leadership and influence skills
• Ability to present to all levels of management & executive leadership
• Excellent teamwork, facilitation, relationship building, and negotiation skills
• This position requires driving to company locations and off-site assignments and events, applicants must possess a valid driver’s license with a safe and satisfactory driver history.
Desired Skills, Competencies, Education and Experience:
• Advanced degree, e.g. Masters of Business Administration
• Change management and/or PHR certifications
• Experience with technology organizational design
• Experience with CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration) and/or managing projects
• Experience with AWS, Salesforce (Service Cloud), and Mobility platforms
• Over 3 years of experience managing team of 5+ staff or external contractors
Minimum Years of Experience
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Candidates must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidates must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG LI, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to 10 CFR Part 810 controlled information. If the position does require access to this information, the Talent Acquisition representative will provide further details upon making an offer.
PSEG is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through emPower which can be accessed through [Register to View] by clicking on the emPower icon, then selecting careers.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
PSEG is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance applying for a position, please call [Register to View] or email [Register to View] If you need to request a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job, email [Register to View]